Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T*** Advice...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandwichface

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: T*** Advice... Reply with quote

Hi Brett,

Luke from Wagga here, (sandwichface might not ring any bells!).

I have recently hung up all my snazzy fandangled guitars and gone out and bought a chunk of ash and a neck commonly referred to as a Custom Shop Telecaster. I can call it that cause it's actually a Fender! I did this to get away from my easy to play PRS's and Suhr. I guess I'm looking to re-learn the guitar from a totally un-complicated perspective on an old school guitar. Maybe that's part of the reason you were playing a similar style guitar for a while??? Do you know what I mean?

Anyway, I am slamming in the new Dimarzio Area T and Area Hot T pickups cause the vintage pickups in it are so noisy, playing live is almost impossible. My question is... Did you have to do any extra shielding in the ESP T*** to get it under control once you had the hum cancelling Dimarzio single coils in? (I think you have the Virtual T's) How did you combat noise in that style of guitar?

PS. I had to laugh at Canberra when you mentioned before you went on stage that you think it's so cheezy when the band gets introduced one by one. I play with a singer who does it about three or four times a gig. It's just not right! Smile
Night0wl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate,

Dunno if I can be any help, but I rewired a T a while back and replaced the p'ups with a DiMarzio Chopper in the bridge and a Twang King in the neck. To get rid of noise I used copper shielding in the cavity with star point earth wiring, new pots, 3 way switch and wiring. The volume pot is a push/pull pot for coil splitting the Chopper. The guitar has no noise at all Wink

Cheers

NightOwl Music & Entertainment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: