Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Does Brett Think The Guitar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingefeller

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: How Does Brett Think The Guitar? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows, or if Brett himself could chime in, how Brett thinks the guitar? Like, if he is playing over a simple I-vi-ii-V how would he approach this? Would he be thinking in minor pentatonics or what?

I'd also like to know where those legato lines come from? How does he come up with those licks?
bretto212

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd base my choices on the chords and play ideas that were relevant to them, which could include minor pentatonics or other sounds.
As for the lines, I come up with them after countless hours, days, years of experimentation. I don't transcribe other people which might not be a good thing but the reason is that I'd like to at least try to be as original as I can. I think it's worth striving for even though these days guitar fans seem to be amazed by technique alone which I do understand.
I feel it's important to bring something unique to the table rather than just copy others no matter how well it's done. But, that's just how I feel which in no way makes it "correct", that's for sure.
Bingefeller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretto212 wrote:
I'd base my choices on the chords and play ideas that were relevant to them, which could include minor pentatonics or other sounds.
As for the lines, I come up with them after countless hours, days, years of experimentation. I don't transcribe other people which might not be a good thing but the reason is that I'd like to at least try to be as original as I can. I think it's worth striving for even though these days guitar fans seem to be amazed by technique alone which I do understand.
I feel it's important to bring something unique to the table rather than just copy others no matter how well it's done. But, that's just how I feel which in no way makes it "correct", that's for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Brett. I think your idea of experimentation is a good one. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: