Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nelson - Perfect Storm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Nelson - Perfect Storm Reply with quote

Hi all and happy 2011 Confused

I just received my copy of this live recording from the AOR band Brett played in early in the nineties. I like the After the Rain album a lot, away from any preconception some of the tunes where really great.

The live album contains all of the most known songs from that release, enriched with very nice Garsed solos really sounding the way we are used to hear from him.

I specially like the outro solo on After the Rain, I guess what would think the fans seeing that guy playing that stratospheric way by that time ... in my opinion it had to be really mind blowing if you consider what other players were doing. As it can be read in the booklet, that line up included "musicians vastly overqualified for the job".

By the way I dislike the album mixing a lot, cannot understand the need of hearing the fans screaming all the time. Despite that, I think is a must for Garsed fans wanting to hear him play live in a rock context and perhaps a good appetizer before the new album lands.

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: