Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just saw Brett at a Brisbane clinic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madeh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Just saw Brett at a Brisbane clinic Reply with quote

Brett rocked out once again in Brisbane. We were lucky enough to to have a pretty small room and we all had a close view. Brett really rocked out with some of his smooth and yet crazy (tonally and speedwise) lines, moreso than he did at the Brisbane Guitar Show, in my opinion.

It was really cool, got to talk with Brett again after the show and finally got my copy Big Sky, it is truely an awesome album and the title track is particularly amazing. In fact, he showed me the fast lick from the solo, which was sweet, because it is easier than it sounds, just showing how good Brett is at using speed effectively. Got talking about other sweet guitarists like Guthrie Govan. It's really funny because Brett seemed like he's in complete awe of Guthrie, and yet Guthrie loves to do licks in the style of Brett Garsed whenever he has to write licks for 'Guitar Techniques' magazine. All in all an awesome show.

Come back again soon Brett! Very Happy
TROPICAL_CHICK7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It sure would have been good to have been there at the Brisbane Clinic. Sounds like its a lot of fun. I would really love to go one time if I had a chance to. Cool Here's hoping that he might do a clinic in Mackay someday. That would be even awesome if that did happen.
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Pictures??
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Pics please!!!
DavidM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no pictures.... But I thought I would post my thoughts on the day.

I was lucky enough to go to one of the master classes with Brett which was fantastic. Brett showed me how to play parts of the Myth, 4 notes per string scales and opened my mind up to a whole new way to approach modes. The only bad thing about the class was it was over to soon I have so may questions I could of asked.

After the class was the ESP clinc and I have to agree with madeh bretts plays was fantastic, I loved it when he cut loose and really lets rip. Like Brett said "you have to go for it."

Overall a fantastic afternoon and night. Thank you Brett, come back soon.

David
DavidM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, last night I was sitting front row left, brown T-shirt, I did not ask any questions during the clinic and I have been playing to about 10 years but I do love it Very Happy
madeh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidM wrote:
Nope, last night I was sitting front row left, brown T-shirt, I did not ask any questions during the clinic and I have been playing to about 10 years but I do love it Very Happy

You weren't the guy with the goatee were you?
madeh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris_johnstone wrote:
Any Pictures??

Sorry man, didn't take any pictures. Someone was, but not sure if they use the forum. The only thing different from other clinics, maybe, is that Brett didn't play with his eyes closed and looking away hahaha
DavidM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
madeh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to remind Brett (and everyone else for that matter) to check out 'Fives' by Guthrie Govan, of the few recordings out there that one is my favourite, soo many tasty fusion licks and beware there is some scary unashamed widdling too! Laughing Its off 'The Alchemists' compilation CD out on liquid note records (think you can get it off Guitar9). Brett has a track on there too IIRC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: