Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tube Zone
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Tube Zone Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting one of thems tube zones with my first paycheck (just scored a part time job Smile). I've got a ts9 but I find it a bit too muddy and trying to play chords with it sounds pretty messy. The demos of the TZ sound quite sweet, does anyone own one of these pedals? how do they compare to the tube screamers?
bretto212

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Tube Zone into a clean amp so any distortion/sustain and the general eq of the sound is coming from that pedal. I've found Tube Screamers to be be really great as a boost into an already distorted amp so perhaps the Tube Zone is a little too hot for what you're looking for. I just love the TZ as I can go anywhere in the world and it can be the crappiest amp on the planet but as long as I run it clean and use the TZ I can get my tone. It's all so personal of course.
seljetnoma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brett,

Are you planning to make another tube zone demo like you said on your website?
I loved the first tz demo you made, i can't wait to hear it into one of your THD amps!! ( Flexi or univalve )
Thanks and kind regards,

Frank
Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretto212 wrote:
I use the Tube Zone into a clean amp so any distortion/sustain and the general eq of the sound is coming from that pedal. I've found Tube Screamers to be be really great as a boost into an already distorted amp so perhaps the Tube Zone is a little too hot for what you're looking for. I just love the TZ as I can go anywhere in the world and it can be the crappiest amp on the planet but as long as I run it clean and use the TZ I can get my tone. It's all so personal of course.

Cool thanks for that Brett, yeh its all so personal. I guess I'll just have to find a store that stocks one and try it out myself, I've already had a look at all of my local stores but they had never heard of it Rolling Eyes the website says venue music is a distributor so i might just have to treck into the city.
the second eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any difference between brett's tube zone and the one on the miaudio site?. I had a look at brett's gear page on his site and his TZ pedal looks different, it seem's to have 2 channels but I'm not sure, is there any mods done to brett's?
I'm really interested in getting one! Very Happy
bretto212

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Tube Zone that I got from Michael was the single channel model but he very graciously did a mod for me with 2 channels. He then did another mod and put the "tweak" knobs on the outside of the unit which makes it just perfect. It's all personal as I've said before but man, I just think that pedal is the greatest.
JJW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am going to get one(another musician i know is getting one too)and front end my carvin belair with it Very Happy
Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking for a pedal that I can run through a clean channel, let us know how it works out for you JJW.
JJW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do carlo:)

I normaly front end it with a TS9-the carvin has an unmusical overdrive
tone so i just get it slighty dirty on chanel 2 and use the pedal to add a more natural slightly overdriven tone too it

IMO the ts9(stock)hasnt enough overdrive on a clean tube amp like the carvin-its good but a fraction off being useable

As Brett is happy to plug in with his tube zone on clean amps then i know for certain that this baby has enough dirt and warmth to front end any clean classic tube amp design.

As i recently gave away my TS9 to a friend overseas to boost his marshall i am looking for a replacement.Bretts does fine with his and that demo sounds cool.
Harry Kapeliaris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tube zone is now my main gear.Its THE best overdrive pedal i ever heard -until now-.
yingyang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any anyone know where I can get a TUbe Zone in the US? I checked musictoyz.com and they do not have nay in stock. If you do know and they are not on the internet, a phone number would be great. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Big Kev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can order a Tube Zone directly from MI Audio (the manufacturer) on their website:

http://www.miaudio.com/

Kev
yingyang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Ordered mine Friday afternoon. Now I get to wait!
Myke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great points guys.

I'm about to order mine but just wondered, my local shop has a habit of showing me crazy items at the last minute and I saw a 'Ground Control' unit yesterday... Anyone seen these? They're lots of cash but sound great.. Has given me some doubts, having not heard the TZ in the flesh...

M
seagate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myke wrote:
Has given me some doubts, having not heard the TZ in the flesh...

Hi Myke,
whilst I have no idea what the Ground Control is like, the TZ pretty much delivers what Michael promises and more...

The clips on the website are a spot on representation of what the TZ actually sounds like.

michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: