Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tube Zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrangeSound

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingefeller wrote:
StrangeSound wrote:
Bingefeller wrote:
Ah well, I have it ordered so I'll leave things as they are - don't want to pull out.

BTW - What does lead free mean?

Lead free means "plumbum" free. The TZ has a chrome case...perhaps that's the problem.

They expect to ship pedals to Europe in september.

Oh I see! Sorry, I'm completely stupid I read that as lead as in guitar leads! lol

Thanks for explaining this. It's only a few weeks until September anyway so it'll be worth the wait.

Hehe no problem.

Man..I had the cash..mailed MI first to be sure..and then this..a bummer but I bought a T.C. G-Major instead and the pedal is cheaper so I get the cash soon I hope Smile

"Sometimes things you think are mistakes actually sound better than what you had planned"-Shawn Lane
Bingefeller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting this pedal - the amount of cash I've spent on pedals over the years...... I've always been looking for a pedal that I can use as my main distortion and run my amp clean.

Just to come back to a post I made earlier, that never got answered, what amp would the TZ sound best with - My main amp is a Marshall MG15DFX, which is a solid state amp. My other amps are a Roland Cube 30 and I have a Vox VR15 (which is a hybrid amp and sounds absolutely terrible IMO). I guess that the Vox VR15 only has bass and treble and could be a pretty flat sounding amp........ Maybe the Roland Cube 30 if I used the clean channel on it?

If none of these amps were suitable would I be better in getting something like an Epiphone Valve Junior amp?

Thank you!!
bretto212

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd depend where you're located. If you're here in Australia I'd recommend the SWD amps as they're designed to be run clean with pedals. I had great success with the Fender DeVille amps (1x12) and have used the tube zone through all kinds of things. I actually pulled a great tone with it into a solid-state Randall stack.
The Crunch Box is a great pedal also. Harder edged than the Tube Zone so they make a good duo.
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brett,

any chance of a demo of that SWD amp of yours??
(any excuse to hear you play!)

Wink

Chris
bretto212

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and do something over the next few weeks as I have a bit of time on my hands. I need to get stuck into writing so I'll use the SWD for a demo.
swampthang

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingefeller wrote:
swampthang wrote:
thats what got me too. i ordered it with express shipping and insurance and it only cost £119!

Have you got yours yet, swampthing? I assume that you only ordered it recently.....

BTW - If I'm plugging the Tube Zone into an amp, how should I set the tone controls on the amp? Should they all be at the 12 o'clock position?

I have not got mine yet - I havnt been told officially that there could be a long wait to receive it, i hope i get it soon... Sad
StrangeSound

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1013613&posted=1#post1013613

There you go..what a great clip!

"Sometimes things you think are mistakes actually sound better than what you had planned"-Shawn Lane
chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretto212 wrote:
I'll try and do something over the next few weeks as I have a bit of time on my hands. I need to get stuck into writing so I'll use the SWD for a demo.

Very Happy

Awesome!
Bingefeller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretto212 wrote:
It'd depend where you're located. If you're here in Australia I'd recommend the SWD amps as they're designed to be run clean with pedals. I had great success with the Fender DeVille amps (1x12) and have used the tube zone through all kinds of things. I actually pulled a great tone with it into a solid-state Randall stack.
The Crunch Box is a great pedal also. Harder edged than the Tube Zone so they make a good duo.

I'm in Northern Ireland. I'll just experiment with what I have although although I guess that the TZ will give anything a decent sounding tone.
Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if this whole lead-free thing applies to US orders. Anyway, i guess I'll have to be patient.

I'm planning on using the Tube Zone for direct recording. I'm going to run it through the clean channel of my Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp.

In the meantime I also bought the xotic RC Booster and the BB Preamp. Great pedals, and it's helping me cope with the long wait for the Tube Zone, lol. The BB Preamp has a very smooth juicy overdrive and sounds great through my Laney VH100R when it's cranked and slightly dirty Smile
Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And 14 months after starting this topic.... I finally ordered one today!

Hot Diggidy! Can't wait Laughing

Edit: 100th reply lol
swampthang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I had my money refunded today as they said it will take them 6 weeks to get certified to sell their units in Europe, Im very disappointed as i was really looking forward to receiving it in time for my next gig
StrangeSound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swampthang wrote:
Sad I had my money refunded today as they said it will take them 6 weeks to get certified to sell their units in Europe, Im very disappointed as i was really looking forward to receiving it in time for my next gig

Write a mail to this guy http://www.haarguitars.nl/test/Index2.htm

He has TZs in stock. I asked MI if the european dealers got the new version and it seems to be the case.

Quote:
Hi,

We supplied all our European retailers with the latest Tube Zone just before the 1st of July. They all should have it unless they have since old out. Check with Joe Music in Italy or Musamaailma Oy in Finland if you have no luck with Van der Haar in the Netherlands. We hope to be shipping pedals to Europe again in September by which time we should hopefully have some German dealers onboard. Where do you prefer to buy your gear in Germany? I am aware of the online german store Thoman.de but do you have a preference when you buy your gear?

Regards,

Mark McDonald

Sales & Marketing

MI Audio

Australian Handcrafted Pedals

www.miaudio.com

michael_ibrahim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd drop in and say G'Day. I've seen this form for a while, but didn't want to force myself onto it so that people wouldn't feel any pressure to be polite about my pedals, just in case!

I want to thank you all for your kind words, and especially thanks to Brett for his support. I've been a fan of Brett's for years, and was floored to get the opportunity to contribute technologically! It's both an honour and a pleasure.

For those of you who've picked up a TZ or any of my other pedals, thanks for your support, and I hope you enjoy them!

Catch you 'round
StrangeSound

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael_ibrahim wrote:
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd drop in and say G'Day. I've seen this form for a while, but didn't want to force myself onto it so that people wouldn't feel any pressure to be polite about my pedals, just in case!

I want to thank you all for your kind words, and especially thanks to Brett for his support. I've been a fan of Brett's for years, and was floored to get the opportunity to contribute technologically! It's both an honour and a pleasure.

For those of you who've picked up a TZ or any of my other pedals, thanks for your support, and I hope you enjoy them!

Catch you 'round

Welcome! Smile

I'll buy the TZ from the dutch dealer soon. 163€ including insured shipping
seems good to me.

Cheers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: