Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi I'm Hazardgirl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazardgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: hi I'm Hazardgirl Reply with quote

Hi - I'm Hazardigrl, I'm a singer/songwriter/performer. I live in Australia, in the the National Capital of Australia, Canberra.

I'm 24, soon to be 25, on the 20th of April.

I suffer from Cerebral Palsy, but i don't let that stop me from doing what i love to do MUSIC!

I have been writing my own songs since the age of 12. I have been having professional singing lessons for 7 years, but started singing much earlier. (around the house -singing along to cds etc).

I started having lessons not only because I love to sing and music in general, but also because when i was in having physio therapy treatment one day, talking about the fact that i had for years i'd had trouble breathing due to premature under developed lungs.

i also because of the CP am affected around the throat, tongue etc.

The physio explained that if I started singing, that it would help to increase my lung capacity, thus stretching and strengthing the muscles.

She said that it would also help the muscles around my throat area etc, by keeping them stretched and strengthened also.

Since then I say singing has done just that. i has also enabled me to prove to people that i can do what i love to do. (my music).

Alot of people that out there said that because of the fact that i was disabled and in a wheelchair, that i wouldn't be able to make it out ther within the industry - well - I PROVED THEM WRONG!

I have a lot of friends around me within home town Canberra Australia - that support me, that see me for who I am and don't see my CP as a hinderace.

I also have my own band, who I peform with regularly too. I have performed at places around town, and hoping that with the help and support of my friends to one day play interstate.

One Place that I really really love is a place called Rose Cottage Country Park. They have live music right throughout the year, mainly on saturdays and sundays and sometimes fridays. If you wanna know more please feel free to visit their site

(www.rosecottage.net.au)

I also have my own website (build from scratch by me). I also have a myspace site as well.

I also to help me gain more knowledge and experience other areas of the industry including radio and TV, am currently studying through home correspondance a course called - certificate 3 in news and media. So far, every assignment that i've completed i've achieved an A GRADE result.

I have also achieved a modelling diploma, a child care certificate etc.

I also play guitar too. I have a baby taylor guitar. Its pic is on my site. I due to the fact that throughout last year was in and out of hospital for surgery on my back, haven't played for 12 months, but when I well enough, my band mates will be helping me to regain my knowledge and confidence with my guitar. I call my guitar - MY BABY.

Please feel free to have a look at both my official site and my myspace site, have a browse around, tell me what you think. On my official site there is a forum for you to leave me messeges, but to use it you must register.

You can also leave messeges on myspace as well. Please check both sites regularly as I update them constantly.

If you would like to be on my mailing list, then please e-mail me at:

hazard_girl@hotmail.com - with the subject - hazardgirl's mailing list. You will recieve news on gigs, site updates etc from me before it goes on my sites.

Please feel free to contact me if you just wanna chat, etc. I'll always get back to you.

Sorry that this is a long post, but I just wanted to tell you my story and how you can find out more about me. I trust that you will find it in your heart to support me and my music. Please also feel free to spread the word about me to your friend and family, i would really appreciate immensely.

For those of you that have myspace, please go to my site, follow the links and i will add you.

lots of love Hazardgirl Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing Wink

http://hazard-girl.tripod.com
http://www.myspace.com/hazardousgirl1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Big Kev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Hazardgirl! Yours is an inspiring story, and I wish you all the best in your pursuits. I would like to ask though, are you actually a fan of Brett Garsed?

Kev
hazardgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: hi i'm Hazardgirl Reply with quote

Yes - i heard about him almost 3 years ago through my guitar teacher Chris Johnstone, who has met Brett. On Chris' site for his guitar studio -

www.chrisjohnstonemusicteaching.info

In the photos section if you sroll through the pages you wil pictures of Chris and Brett together.

I hope to get to know everyone on here and become friends.

What made you think that probably wasn't a fan?

cheers

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JJW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Big Kev,its good to have you here.will check out your site right now:)
Big Kev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What made you think that probably wasn't a fan?

Just the fact that there was no mention at all of Brett in your introduction. Unfortunately this forum attracts its fair share of spam and 'self-promoters' who don't care at all about Brett or his music, and I tend to view such things with a jaundiced eye. Sorry!

Kev
JJW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool myspace site,have sent you an add-ignore the profile photo-i dont normaly drink fosters but it was last summer-it was hot,and i was at work operating dangerous machinery and it was the only cool drink in the companys fridge:) its also as weak as water..lol.anyway once again,good to have you here
hazardgirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: hi I'm hazardgirl Reply with quote

Thank you,

I'm adding you right now. Feel free to sign up for my forum too,

Keep in touch

chris_johnstone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lisa!!!!!

Welcome!

Laughing

Chris
hazardgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: HI I'M HAZARDGIRL Reply with quote

I WISH TO BE KNOWN ONLY AS HAZARDGIRL

THANKS MATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: