Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loving Dark Matter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Loving Dark Matter Reply with quote

Hey Brett,

I've been listening to the new album non-stop since I got it in the post a couple of days ago. It's absolutely fantastic! A very worthy successor to Big Sky, which is my all-time favourite album, and I find myself already humming along to the melodies.

It's hard for me to pick out a favourite track, but If Only is simply beautiful. A quick question, what's the talkbox-y effect used on Android?

I can't wait to see you guys playing some of these songs live in August. I hope the album sells well and I'll be sure to spread the word.
Pete
David

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think too is a wonderful album, because I couldn't wait to get the CD, also downloaded the digital edition and it is my main companion whilst travelling to the office, training in the gym, working ...

My favourite tracks ... perhaps Poison Dwarf, the intro riff is always in my mind!, Android and Avoid the Void, but all the songs are actually great.
D.M.S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it Today....don't wanna listen now; i wanna listen to the cd this weekend, with headphones and eyes closed, in maxium tranquillity!!! Brett's music deserve it!!!
After hearing Dark Matter i 'm sure that i will spread the words to all the people about the new masterpierce.
For now i'm lookin at the packaging that is great!! Of course everytime i'm lookin to the Brett's sign i cannit believe at my eyes!!!!
anders

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the album for a couple of days now, and needless to say I've given it a lot of listening time already. Dark Matter is packed with everything I love about Brett's playing: the great guitar tone, the unrivaled melodic sense, the exquisite slide playing, the fluid legato style, the mastery of dynamics, and the abillity to play over changes like a jazz player with the attitude of rock. Combined this makes for a style that's truly unique.

My impression of this album, this far, is that it features more complex compositions, and that the sound is a little bit heavier, more dark and dense (hence the title?) than Big Sky. It will probably take a longer while for me to get into this album, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
anders

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple of more listens I have to say, wow! Dark Matter is really starting to grow on me. My favorite tracks at the moment is Enigma, what a great track to end the album, Android and Closure, absolutely beautiful!
Tom Gilroy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy is ordered! Can't wait to hear the new album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: