Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index

Brett Garsed Discussion
The Official Brett Garsed Discussion Forum

www.BrettGarsed.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bretts ESP horizon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarsatbmusic.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be best checking out the LTD Deluxe series if that's your price point, the M-1000 is neck-thru, Original Floyd (a MUST have IMO). Only thing it doesn't have you're after is ebony board, rosewood, but a nice tight grain. Ebony tends to be premium and only reallly appears on instruments spec'd like that in the ESP range. They're about $2,300-2,400 with discount, worth getting the extra few bucks together, don't go for anything without an Original Floyd once you're talking about spending that sort of money, makes the guitar so much more "useable".
Bear in mind, however, the ESP Japan models come with a case that sells on it's own for around $350 and up depending on the model. LTDs don't come cased, you're getting pretty close to some of the ESP prices with the high end LTDs so it's worth considering the ESP closely also if the bucks can possibly permit. $3K, for instance, for Brett's Horizon vs. $2,400 for the highest price LTD Deluxe.
Hope that helps. Cool
dan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very hot! im liking it very much, this is just the kind of guitar i wanted .. i know about floyds dont worry my one isnt original and its the most crappest thing ever..but i have never had the money to do anything about it.. i was pushing my price limit when i said 2k.. but ill see what i can do i know it will be worth it in the end. i will definiatly look into this guitar thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by dan on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
guitarsatbmusic.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Pleasure dan, good luck with the search
utku_dalmaz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone;

I have a question, i want to buy a guitar for generally playing rock/fusion and jazz/fusion style, i was thinking about steinberger usa guitars but i saw brett's new guitar, it was awesome Smile, Do you think which is the best for this style of playing?
JJW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use any guitars mate,it all depends on your tastes

I would also say you dont have to spend thousands on a guitar.An american standard Fender Strat is good enough for anyone!You can
pick up those for peanuts

If you like Bretts axe then buy it!
ESP are great guitars(high end models like most guitar makers)and
play well

Ebony boards are nice-my jackson and my Ibanez Satriani model have these boards and there slippery buggers to play.Mind you rosewood or maple are just as good!lol

If your after a guitar that is easy to play(and super light)then the Parker Fly high end models are what you are searching for.SS frets and super low action on a composite board all add up to too easy playing

there are too many great guitars out there,take your time and narrow the field down before buying one
utku_dalmaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JJW but i think guitar is very important for your style of playing, for example can you play -real- texas blues with a ibanez rg? like that

I have fender strat usa,ibanez rg1570,gibson es-175 and a fretless guitar. But i really cant play rock/fusion with thesee guitars, rather i cant get fun while playing with them.

Also i have tried several ESP and LTD guitar, but i really dont like some of them espicially LTD guitars sucks!. I will try out Brett's new guitar meanwhile i checked out ESP webpage but i couldnt see Brett Garsed Signature Series??? (Also Brett's ESP has ebony fingerboard??)

So What do u think about Steinberger guitars??
JJW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call on style playing-thats why i have a strat(roadhouse strat)that sounds realy good in the blues way-i also have an HM strat that sounds just as good!I tend to change my guitars around while recording for different tones(i have 8 from Ibanez/jackson/esp/parker/bcrich and fender-all start shapes!)to be honest all the wooden guitars are jack of all trades and can handle clean to mean easily-the parker is a great guitar but hasnt got that blues tone

I have never tried a steinberger but i expect Parker might have got a few ideas for his model from their range-composite neck and a few other ideas.

I love the look of bretts stein,and i will by one one day..lol..the American high end models where killer axes.Vito bratto form White Lion has a sweet model too

I see Scott Jones is using a modded HM strat these days-24 frets and possibley the best necks fender ever produced-there cheapish(price is coming up!)to find 2nd hand on Ebay.I know form 1st hand experiance that there great guitars as i have one
seaweed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give brian moore guitars a go.. they are super..

www.brianmooreguitars.com
Myke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicman... Music's best kept secret. Wink
seaweed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicman make fine instruments..
yingyang

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried several Musicmans. They all played like dream come true. The problem that I found to be consistent with all of those I tried were they had a very plain tone. I do not how to describe it better than that. They just had no character. I talked with a friend of mine that is a working musician as well and he said that it is almost like they are made to well. I thought that sounded funny at the time, but kind of makes sense now. It is almost like they play so fantastic, that they forsake the tonal qualities of the instrument for the playability. May be a load of hooey, but it is the experience I have had with EB. Love their strings!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an ESP Horizon Custom and absolutely found the ultimate instrument for myself. They are expensive, but well worth the cash. The thing about guitars I notice the most is that each one sounds different in each players hands. So the above comments were my own opinion and that is all it is........
Myke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yingyang wrote:
I tried several Musicmans. They all played like dream come true. The problem that I found to be consistent with all of those I tried were they had a very plain tone. I do not how to describe it better than that. They just had no character. I talked with a friend of mine that is a working musician as well and he said that it is almost like they are made to well. I thought that sounded funny at the time, but kind of makes sense now. It is almost like they play so fantastic, that they forsake the tonal qualities of the instrument for the playability. May be a load of hooey, but it is the experience I have had with EB. Love their strings!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an ESP Horizon Custom and absolutely found the ultimate instrument for myself. They are expensive, but well worth the cash. The thing about guitars I notice the most is that each one sounds different in each players hands. So the above comments were my own opinion and that is all it is........

Yeah, there it is man. The Musicman for me is the absolute ideal instrument and despite numerous mods, it's now restored to standard and is better than ever. I'd have to agree on the tonal comments. They sound great but fairly undistinctive, you'd have trouble picking one out of an audio gallery. They do age well though and mine's picked up some nuances in the last few years that weren't there before. To be fair, the others I've played haven't been as nice really. In fact, the instument I have was the first one that was sent to my local store (back in the day). EB sent their best example at the time to convince the shop to take the franchise. Every time it goes back to shop I get a bundle of comments about the lavishness of the wood. Can someone tell me how to post a piccy on here and get a few shots of it...
cho_888

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the music man comment, and for me LTD's are average guitars they lack any feel, and sound thin. The only nice one i have played is the Aneryversay vipper which has an ebony board. I am a big for of the ESP's though i really dont think there is a better playing guitar out there. I am just not a fan of how all of them look.
As for posting images, upload them to a free image hosting site for example www.imageshack.usp then copy the link in to here and surround it with image tags. For exaple, ignore the stars, [*IMG]image location[/IMG]
utku_dalmaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone dont know about Steinberger Guitars anything?
Espicially i wonder Steinberger Model which Brett's used for 1995 instructional video, also it has a head unnormally.
JJW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look on Bretts gear page on his site mate,there you will find this written and a photo of it:)I have copied and pasted for your ease of use here

Steinberger GS. Serial # N12751
I played the prototype for this model on the Nelson video for "More Than Ever", the first (and probably only) time this instrument has been on television. To my knowledge, myself and Buckethead are the only people to play these in public but I could be wrong. It's the only model Steinberger ever made with a headstock and the tuning heads are a work of pure genius, not to mention the Trans-Trem which is a testament to the brilliance and vision of Ned Steinberger. The body is probably ash and the neck is solid graphite. It now has a Fernandez Sustainer pickup system which I really find useful and is all over the Big Sky album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Brett Garsed Discussion Forum Index -> Brett Garsed Tone and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: