Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - guthrie govan soloing school!!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

guthrie govan soloing school!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: guthrie govan soloing school!!! Reply with quote

can somebody out there please post some soloing school tracks and tabs if thats possible?these track are possibley the greatest pieces of guitar work ive heard, and would love to actually learn how to play them...if somebody has these articles i am willing to swap, trade, copy any of my guitar learning material for!!!plaese can somebody help me???
ssjandu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: guthrie govan soloing school!!! Reply with quote

simo wrote:
can somebody out there please post some soloing school tracks and tabs if thats possible?these track are possibley the greatest pieces of guitar work ive heard, and would love to actually learn how to play them...if somebody has these articles i am willing to swap, trade, copy any of my guitar learning material for!!!plaese can somebody help me???

well i'd suggest looking on youtube and such for michael angelo batio's "speed kills" lessons. yeah, mab is often criticised for being nonmusical and completely technical, but i think that "speed kills" is a quality dvd that should teach you what you wanna know. hope this helps.
sumis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: guthrie govan soloing school!!! Reply with quote

ssjandu wrote:
[...] that should teach you what you wanna know.

Shocked

frankus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: guthrie govan soloing school!!! Reply with quote

ssjandu wrote:
well i'd suggest looking on youtube and such for michael angelo batio's "speed kills" lessons. yeah, mab is often criticised for being nonmusical and completely technical, but i think that "speed kills" is a quality dvd that should teach you what you wanna know. hope this helps.

I'm confused how "I'd like transcriptions and backing tracks from Guitar Techniques' Soloing School Section written by Guthrie Govan" (you might recognise the name it's in the top middle of every page of this forum) gets turned into "What instructional DVDs would you recommend".

You see what I'm saying Laughing

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair ssjandu were nice enough to give an honest advice. don't want to sound stuck-up. i actually like the first nitro album a lot, in a comedy kind of way, and mab is a really funnny guy ... and a fast player. but to be honest: i don't think your advice was on the point. buying back issues of gt is more adequate i guess ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: