Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Dunlop ULTEX Picks - WOW!!!!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dunlop ULTEX Picks - WOW!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they'd hurry up with the release of these picks already. I can understand cars, computers, the iPhone, and amps being delayed due to technical problems, etc., but guitar picks? Rolling Eyes
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
frankus

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yeah it's a plastic bit, it can't involve that many patents and what kind of photo shoots do you need for a Pick?

I have the power!
M@

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope that they DON'T call it an iPick!!!

I've had enough of the "i" already (and there are BETTER MP3 players out their that don't start with an "i")... Cool

Now, I feel better getting a bit of "i" off my chest... Laughing so when are these picks gonna be ready?!?!?!

Cheers
M@
Dee

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ultex Jazz III is probably the best pick ever. I LOVE it! I was using a regular Jazz III (Red XL) and I tried to switch back, but since Dunlop sent me the Ultex J III, I can't stand anything else. I've tried, and nothing else feels right. I am interested to try an XL version but I'm very used to the small ones now. Beautiful pick.
Riffermann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody know if/when Dunlop'll come out with the XL version of their newly released Ultex Jazz III? I'm sold on the Ultex 1.14mm standards they have now but the Jazz III will probably be too small for me..
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a dozen of these picks and these are really great. I love 'em. I do hope that they'll eventually make an XL version but I have no problem with the Jazz III size. I used to play the red Jazz III for years until they changed the material on it. Then I went to the Dunlop Delrin 1.5mm (the lavender colored one) for a long while until I switched to the Ultex 1.14mm.

I love the mix of the Tortex-like snap and the Delrin-like smoothness of the Ultex. The sharp point makes the attack more consistent no matter what angle you hit the strings. The attack is smooth but the release has a nice bouncy snap to it. This pick is making me want to play more again.

Guthrie definitely needs to try this pick although I know that he's mentioned the small size bothers him during aggressive strumming and that he's liable to drop it. The XL version would be awesome but the Jazz III version is just fine with me. This is definitely my favorite pick now.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
loiking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
I finally got a dozen of these picks and these are really great. I love 'em. I do hope that they'll eventually make an XL version but I have no problem with the Jazz III size. I used to play the red Jazz III for years until they changed the material on it. Then I went to the Dunlop Delrin 1.5mm (the lavender colored one) for a long while until I switched to the Ultex 1.14mm.

I love the mix of the Tortex-like snap and the Delrin-like smoothness of the Ultex. The sharp point makes the attack more consistent no matter what angle you hit the strings. The attack is smooth but the release has a nice bouncy snap to it. This pick is making me want to play more again.

Guthrie definitely needs to try this pick although I know that he's mentioned the small size bothers him during aggressive strumming and that he's liable to drop it. The XL version would be awesome but the Jazz III version is just fine with me. This is definitely my favorite pick now.

Do you reckon someone would be able to post a pic so i know what they look like next time i go pick shopping Laughing ?
Jehan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Ultex Jazz IIIs.
loiking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently picked up some Ultex Jazz III XL's, and they are frickin awesome! Never have i felt such absolute control over what im playing. I used these picks to record a laidback semi-acoustic version of fives, which i will post when ready
physion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can you find Ultex Jazz III XLs? Had a quick browse on eBay, but no luck... Anyone? Smile
loiking

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just check you local music shops, thats what i did. When i finallyy found somewhere i cleaned them out of there stock Wink
physion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would too, given the chance, but my local music shops are so crap that they don't even stock Jazz IIIs of any variety, never mind the Ultex version... Laughing Thanks anyway!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loiking wrote:
I recently picked up some Ultex Jazz III XL's, and they are frickin awesome! Never have i felt such absolute control over what im playing. I used these picks to record a laidback semi-acoustic version of fives, which i will post when ready

Are you sure you got the XL version of the Ultex Jazz III? I can't find this listed anywhere or Dunlop's site.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Powerslave214

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because (so far) Dunlop hasn't made an XL version of the Ultex Jazz III.
loiking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soz guys not Ultex just plain old Jazz III XL's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: