Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Hi!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie B. wrote:
Howdy all, my name is Don and I'm from extreme southern California, having moved here from Boston, MA about 7.5 years ago. I am obsessed with guitar and players and a HUGE fan of Guthrie as well as many others. I wish I had more time to hone my chops but I can play well enough so that it's a lot of fun. Guys like Guthrie, Shawn Lane, and Holdsworth make me want to sell off all my gear and take up pottery though. Mad

BTW: Chase (shredguitar) is really a 49 near old woman from New Zealand who just likes to pretend to be a teenage boy living in the "Musical Capital of the World" while trolling around forums.

Hey Donnie, great to have you here. Folks, Donnie is sort of my counterpart for Shawn Lane, irrepressibly and tirelessly getting the word out on the great late master of the guitar who had such a huge influence on players such as Guthrie and other emerging masters. Donnie's enthusiasm has sort of been the blueprint for me to work from for exposing Guthrie to a wider audience.

Donnie, are you going to try to make the Holdsworth show here on Sep 25? It's already pretty much sold out. There are people driving or flying in from Santa Cruz to Las Vegas. Shocked
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Donnie B.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Donnie, are you going to try to make the Holdsworth show here on Sep 25? It's already pretty much sold out. There are people driving or flying in from Santa Cruz to Las Vegas. Shocked

Thanks for the words Ed! I may be traveling on or around that time so I didn't want to take the chance. I did get to see Allan twice back in Boston in the late 70s but certainly in not as intimate a setting as what you have going.

BTW: Had a crazy TM dream last nite. On a whim I decided to take a drive up to your place to check out the new room but when I got there you had it razed because you were going to make it even MORE improvements to it Laughing AND the front part of your store had pulled a Twilight Zone. It was much larger, was broken into a bunch of sections, and had young teenage boys playing low cost import guitars VERY badly. I woke up in a cold sweat thankful that it was only a dream Shocked

I am 100% serious Ed!
shredguitar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie B. wrote:
BTW: Chase (shredguitar) is really a 49 near old woman from New Zealand who just likes to pretend to be a teenage boy living in the "Musical Capital of the World" while trolling around forums.

Well Don, you cought me. There have been many guesses at my true identity, but you have come the closest.(I'm really 51 Wink ). I comend you for your efforts to expose the secrets of the GG forum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
markmcg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all Cool ,

I'm Mark McGuigan a 28 year old Guitarist from Edinburgh, Scotland ( /me waves to other Intermusic people and a couple of ukmgers Wink ).

I've been playing for about 15 years now ( where does the time go? ) and really should stop being lazy and record more. Influences are wide and varied and my opinion on music boils down to the fact that there is music you like and music you don't, regardless of trends/genres/blah blah.

Like just about everyone here I believe Guthrie Govan is at the forefront of the new generation of exceptionally talented guitarists and adore his playing. I'm really looking forward to his solo record being released, sooner rather than later I hope Wink.

Time is the best Teacher, unfortunately it kills all its students
http://www.mastertheguitar.co.uk : http://www.markmcguigan.com
Fink Floyd

Location: A small town in North Wales you've probably never heard of

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Elis and I'm from Dolgellau, in North Wales. I've been playing for just over three years, and am still rubbish at it. Neutral

I'm going into my second year of reading Law at Cardiff university, and have been drivelling away happily over on the Intermusic forums for about two years now. I'm a big fan of Guthrie's, like his books, and hope to be fractionally as good as him someday.

I like chocolate, alcohol, Fender, pizza, The Simpsons, Ibanez, Ally McBeal, Fruit Pastilles and Porsches.
jason.morris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you may know me already...

..but for those who don't, I'm a 35 year old UK based guitarist in a very cheesy heavy metal band; I'm way into fusion like Guthrie as well as older players like Metheny, Henderson, Sco, Lane & Krantz and newer players like Joel Rivard, Scott Jones & Rich Hallebeek.
Fink Floyd

Location: A small town in North Wales you've probably never heard of

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, I think I've heard of your band.

It's called 'Moist Dwarf and the Gingham Dresses' or something, isn't it?
thing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's 'Bosnian' isn't it?
OutOfStep

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I'm Tom from Bristol, UK. Been a big Guthrie fan for years and have just stubbled across this site....
Recently got the Tone Merchants DVD off Ed which has reminded me how good the man is!!!! Nice one Ed!!!!
Used to live in Hatfield Peverel, Essex so good to see some fellow Chelmsfordonians on here!
Nuff respect to Mr Govan. Looking forward to the album...... Smile
Dr Cannibal Nectar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie B. wrote:
Howdy all, my name is Don and I'm from extreme southern California, having moved here from Boston, MA about 7.5 years ago. I am obsessed with guitar and players and a HUGE fan of Guthrie as well as many others. I wish I had more time to hone my chops but I can play well enough so that it's a lot of fun. Guys like Guthrie, Shawn Lane, and Holdsworth make me want to sell off all my gear and take up pottery though. Mad

Aha...The usual gang of idiots are here...Cool............. Mr. Green
pawel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie B. wrote:

I KNEW there was something fishy going on Wink

Hey, I'm Pawel... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: