Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - slow down help
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

slow down help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: slow down help Reply with quote

I'm trying to tab some of guthrie's playing but I'm having some trouble. I use amazing slow downer with great success in the past but this track has a snare drum sound during some of guthrie's notes and I can't pick them out, its really frustrating. Are there any alternative methods of slowing down audio or video that I could try? Maybe I could somehow get the snare sound to be less prominent? What do bluesjamtracks use to tab out guthrie's stuff? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
adrianclark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: slow down help Reply with quote

anth wrote:
Are there any alternative methods of slowing down audio or video that I could try? Maybe I could somehow get the snare sound to be less prominent?

It's possible... you could use EQ to reduce the prominent frequencies of the snare or to make the guitar stand out more, but it may be that the snare's transient is too loud, so there won't be enough guitar signal in there to enhance.

Quote:
What do bluesjamtracks use to tab out guthrie's stuff? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use Transcribe! for most of my transcribing. Even if I don't need to slow something down, I still like the way you can tap in bars and beats, making navigation a lot easier. For a problem like you describe, I might try slowing down to 1/2 speed but then detune an octave to see if the guitar becomes more prominent.

adrian
anth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't for the life in me work out this small part (of guthrie govan's solo over bb king bluesjamtrack). I got transcribe and tried again with your suggestions but still can't work it out, the snare is just distracting me too much. Adrian, do you guys still have the guthrie govan audio track only (i.e. without the backing track in the background) that I could maybe get off you for a fee? Or maybe suggest other helpful tips I could try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: