Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - I Just Uploaded 101 SHAWN LANE Videos!!!!!!!1111111
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Just Uploaded 101 SHAWN LANE Videos!!!!!!!1111111

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willjay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: I Just Uploaded 101 SHAWN LANE Videos!!!!!!!1111111 Reply with quote

I just spent the last two weeks ripping and editing clips back to back, day and night, as well as uploading and typing up pages of info for One Hundred and One Lane videos, including loads of new ones i haven't posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyShawnLaneVideos

I know there are a couple of Lane fans round here..... so i hope these can bring a smile to some of you.

There are some real gems in there. For example........ clips from a new, unseen "Powers of Ten" Band show....... Shawn and Joe Walsh playing "Hotel California"....... a new "All Star Jam" (not the Namm one), with Shawn, Frank Gambale, Steve Morse and Brad Gillis jamming...... and many, many more.

Willie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Great!

By now I finally understand what happened after some searching around. But guess what, Willjay is back, stronger then ever Smile

Thanks for your efforts!
Willjay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
Ha! Great!

By now I finally understand what happened after some searching around. But guess what, Willjay is back, stronger then ever Smile

Thanks for your efforts!

Thanks for the "thanks"! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're the reason I didn't get anything done at work earlier this week!

How's the quality of the originals compared to the YouTube vids? Is there much footage that you get from his mom that is not on YouTube yet?
RD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidtension wrote:

How's the quality of the originals compared to the YouTube vids? Is there much footage that you get from his mom that is not on YouTube yet?

There's some performance stuff uploaded on youtube that you can also get from Diane Lane, but quality-wise, it totally depends on which performance you want. Most of it is crappy quality.

The Abstract Logix gig is quite good quality though, similar to guthrie's NAMM jan 19 dvd I'd say.

Ofcourse WillJay got more info then me since he's got a vast collection. Fans like him probably already had all the video stuff before Diane started selling. And even though it's Shawn's whish that the money goes to his family, I don't really think it's really good for the community when you pay top dollar for bad quality video/audio. Only the die-hards would be interested in that and it would probably not attract new fans that way. It's for this reason that I had a little dispute with Diane which broke off the email contact I had with her now and then (after I explained my view on the matter she never wrote me again).

What WillJay is doing - THAT might attract new people to the fanbase, since they can see stuff on youtube and then get interested (or not).

I still would love to have the Falls Church 2002 gig in good quality... I still have no clue why Jonas doesn't just give it to the fans... why let it go to waste? Put it on a filesharing server and let us do the rest. He doesn't want to give it to Diane either so she can sell it, she mailed me. What the hell is going on here? Is there an update on this, WillJay?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: