Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - CORNFORD GUTHRIE PARTY, LIVE SHOW
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CORNFORD GUTHRIE PARTY, LIVE SHOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cass679

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... my only problem as thus far is accommodation in Guildford that would be of reasonable distance to Andertons. I'll be coming from Leeds by train, so a few changeovers are part of the journey aswell.

Can anybody help with reasonable recommendations for accommodation in that area? I've looked up a few b&b's and hotels, but I'm not sure where to go for.
Jon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
sumis wrote:
WHATEVER YOU DO: RECORD THE GIG! FILM IT! DO IT NICELY. GIVE US NON-UK SUCKERS A NEW DVD TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

please,

We are working on an official professional live DVD this year, i.e. something approved by Guthrie, so watch this space, it wont be of this show though, it will be at another venue in the Midlands.

Cool - so the Robin2 gig with Jamie Humphries and DaveK will be filmed for a DVD?
Mr C.

Location: Not behind Tesco's any more but still in in Whitstable

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as far as I know to be honest.
WillHay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I meant to receive confirmation of the tickets being booked or am I to assume that it has long since become fully booked?
Mr C.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillHay wrote:
Am I meant to receive confirmation of the tickets being booked or am I to assume that it has long since become fully booked?

You will need to get in touch with Andertons via the link,
WillHay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got through and got confirmation. I guess I will see everyone there!

By the way thanks for making the best amps in the world Mr Cornford. It is rather surreal having the man whose name is on my amp reply to me on a forum. looking forward to hearing the roadhouse series.
Mr C.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillHay wrote:
Finally got through and got confirmation. I guess I will see everyone there!

By the way thanks for making the best amps in the world Mr Cornford. It is rather surreal having the man whose name is on my amp reply to me on a forum. looking forward to hearing the roadhouse series.

Thank you for your kind words, should be a great night, you can buy me a beer if you like as its my birthday too Wink

What amp do you have??
WillHay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hellcat head and 2 by 12. The head is serial number 181 which shocked me at the time because I didn't know enough about the Cornford company and assumed you were a massive amp builder. You truly deserve to be because I have never heard an amp that sounds in the same league nor one that looks as good.

I will gladly buy you a beer although I assume I wont be the only appreciative soul at the event so you may have a few too many lined up to accept the offer!!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So any reports and/or photos from the party and the show? Enquiring minds want to know! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely I'm not the only one here who went last night am I???

Great evening Mr C. It was a real fun gig. Couldn't see a bloody thing mind you probably because I'm a short arse and I don't have the agility of the guys that climbed the walls to get a better view. The Andertons guy on the door was really friendly and helpful which makes a pleasant change from the guys in some other music shops.

I bumped into Guthrie in the Gents and had a quick chat about the amps. I went to shake his hand and tell him to have a good gig but thought I'd better go and wash my hands first!!! He jumped up on stage with the band, did his thing and delivered the goods as usual, the roadhouse amp sounded pretty cool too especially on Bad Asteroid.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Monday night in Guildford, great stuff.

Tony
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony, thanks for the report and the photo. Any more pics by any chance? How long was the set? Did he pretty much play the entire EC repertoire? I read that he also brought out the Classic T for a couple of tunes? I'm sure he played 'Rhode Island Shred' with it. Glad to see him digging that Modern. I didn't think he'd be playing it so much and that he would have favored his trusty Cherry SB Mahogany Standard for this gig. I'm sure those Roadhouse amps sounded great. They sure sounded great at the NAMM TM shows!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played for over an hour I think.

I think it went...

Sevens, Fives, Ner Ner, Slippery Thing, Rhode Island, Bad Asteroid, Cakes, Waves???

He got into technical difficulties with a hair band and a locking nut on the modern at one point. It nearly ended up being a Suhr catapult. Maybe he needs to go for a nice pink silky smooth hair band when using that guitar Laughing

It wasn't my camera it was a friends who managed to get to the front and took a couple of snaps on his phone so I don't have any more.

Tony
phil_b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats the right set list with Ner Ner and Wonderful Slippery Thing the other way around.

He used his Classic T for Rhode Island Shred and Ner Ner. It was a great gig, all the pieces turned into really long extended jams which was great. I was one of the guys who climbed on the sofas at the back and i would probably say that it was the best viewing point in the whole room because i could see really well.

I traveled from Coventry to go and see him and it was totally worth it. I had a few chances to go and chat to him as he is my biggest hero and tell him that i have learned quite a few of his pieces for my degree but i thought i bet he gets it all the time so i just left him to enjoy his night so i hope he did.
gadget

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go...

More later... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, BOB!!! Couldn't help but shout. Wink Ahhh, got my fix. Laughing

Haha. Love the last photo. Guthrie makes people happy. Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: