Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - cornford/suhr fusion clip
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cornford/suhr fusion clip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
random dude

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: cornford/suhr fusion clip Reply with quote

hi guys been a forum member forever
i just entered the guitar idol competition with this clip
would like some opinions on my clip what you like and what you dont about my playing and how i could improve things in my playing
it was totally improvised so the first 2 minutes are not the best but after that it gets better
http://www.guitar-idol.co.uk/ed-markey
lots of jazz notes........lol Wink

thanks for listening
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar sounds nice!

Some of the lines needs more energy in my opinion but at least you had the balls to enter. I thought there would be loads of entries from this forum!? I rarely improvise loads because I just end up hanging on notes while I think about where to go, you need a big brain to be good at improvising and unfortunately I don't have one. Good effort though!

Tony
random dude

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree that theres not very much technical stuff on there
i thought id go more laid back and try to be tasty(musical....well in places) as a lot of guys are sawing away at mach 10 regardless of chord progression or time i only entered for a bit of a giggle knowing full well that my entry wouldnt get anywhere near the top ten Embarassed

however there are some amazing players on there that are well worth checking out
my favorites are tom quayle and rick graham (js bark)
fernando mitaya
thanks for checking it out i appreciate the feedback
and it does take balls to put yourself out there
everyone on here should do it Wink
Ant711UK

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random dude wrote:
i appreciate the feedback
and it does take balls to put yourself out there
everyone on here should do it Wink

The thing I've noticed since the advent of internet forums etc is that there are loads of people who love talking about guitar which is great. However these same people are quite happy to simply dismiss loads of guitarists instantly when they're not 'into' other peoples favourite players etc. Now the players they are slating, be it recognised and established guitarists like Vai, Petrucci through to Guthrie Govan, Henderson etc truly believe in what they are doing in the same way that you and I truly believe in what we're doing when we play or record music. We can't play like those guys but when you and I put our music up on a site like Guitar Idol we are doing something that does take balls because those same people may rip something apart that we care deeply about and it'll hurt. The guys on all of these forums should do what we've done, forget their egos for a while and join in.

The Guitar Idol site also illustrates that there are some bedroom players out there who are awesome and should be out there playing live, even if it's at a local bar jamming for fun. If they don't get out and play they'll just wear their fingers out until they're 60 and regret it. Better to be an average player playing at the weekends than being the best bedroom player in the world.

Tony
Tuddsound

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tone Ed! I liked a lot of the licks you used. You have great phrasing and a nice melodic sense. Killer bro!
random dude

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi paul
thanks for checking it out and taking the time to comment Wink
thanks for the kind words Shocked you have made my day
its good to get other players opinions on your playing, wish more people had commented even if only to say something bad Laughing
i took the liberty of checking out your myspace really like the blues track lots of tasty fusion morsels in there
take care and keep it up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: