Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Scott Henderson at the Baked Potato - July 19, '08
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scott Henderson at the Baked Potato - July 19, '08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Scott Henderson at the Baked Potato - July 19, '08 Reply with quote

John Suhr, John's son Kevin, and I made the trek over to the Baked Potato on Sat night to check out Scott and his trio rip it up and he sure didn't disappoint. Scott had just returned from another exhausting tour of Europe where he had to make 14 flights in a space of two weeks, so he was pretty tired and he says it felt like playing at 8AM, but heck, that's still better than most people playing at 10PM. Wink

I thought it took most of the first set for Scott and the band to find a groove but by the near the end of it, they were really cooking. And then the second set was simply incendiary. Scott just has this amazing ability to play the most hip and difficult lines so effortlessly and make it all look so damn easy. And, of course, he just sounded awesome as the following clip will attest: big, fat, clear, articulate, aggressive and sweet at the same time.

http://gallery.me.com/suhrguitars#100836

The video was taken by John's son, Kevin, and the audio was recorded on the Roland 24-bit Edirol digital recorder, which was later synced to the video. Kevin did a great job and we've got plenty of more clips in the works. Scott's not crazy at all about how he played but he said the sound was decent, so he's allowing us to post the footage. He admits that it does easily beat most of the YouTube clips of him out there recorded on phone cams.

As far as I'm concerned, Scott's just getting better and at the peak of his game - undoubtedly one of the few wonders of the guitar world. Let's face it; whether you're into his style or not, absolutely no one can play like Scott. He's definitely one of my 3 or 4 favorite players. He's so friggin' amazing and just outright fun. We had a great time and we're looking forward to seeing him again soon - probably at Tone Merchants in September! Very Happy More clips to follow - there is some other amazing stuff coming up.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Cass679

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks for the clip Ed!

Scott is indeed an outstanding player. I managed to get 'Tore Down House' recently, and it's constantly playing on my iTunes. One of the best guitar albums I've ever heard in my life. Smile

Would definitely love to see more footage like this of Scott, it's rare to find some videos around of such good quality. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: