Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Manual labour and guitar playing
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manual labour and guitar playing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joep36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Manual labour and guitar playing Reply with quote

Hey everyone, just wanted to ask your thoughts on how how working a manual job effects your guitar playing?? im getting really annoyed because my playing seems to suffer and progression is slow when im working, any thoughts??
sumis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Manual labour and guitar playing Reply with quote

joep36 wrote:
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask your thoughts on how how working a manual job effects your guitar playing?? im getting really annoyed because my playing seems to suffer and progression is slow when im working, any thoughts??

to be honest, i my work is of the intellectual kind, and that intereferes more with my playing than manual labour ever had.

apart from the risk of hurting your hands, i've never had any problems with 'manual labour' in relation to guitar playing. on the contrary.

to me, musicianship is more an intellectual practice than physical, and after loooong days of editing, writing, teaching, talking, thinking etc, my mind is burnt out and i'm just able to noodle around on the guitar -- can't really learn anything new or focus on developing concepts etc.

basically, i think it's more about time, not manual or intellectual labour.

try to sneak in practice time BEFORE you go to your job. that's probabaly time better spent than being too tired for focused practice in the evening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: