Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie's Got A New Axe... And It's Not A Suhr :)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie's Got A New Axe... And It's Not A Suhr :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Guthrie's Got A New Axe... And It's Not A Suhr :) Reply with quote

Guthrie has recently added a cool new axe to his arsenal and I'm very happy that he got it. And, yeah, it's not a Suhr because we don't make anything like it: the Vigier Surfreter. It's the fretless wonder with the brass fingerboard and, man, it is a major treat to see Guthrie play that thing.

As you all know, Guthrie's really into the sound of slide guitar and this unique instrument allows him to simulate awesome slide sounds while allowing him to do his normal blistering fingerboard work without the cumbersome slide fitted to one of his fingers. What I find absolutely mind-blowing is the spot-on intonation he has while playing fast single-note runs at his normal amazing speeds and even play jazz chord melodies and stuff like that. Shocked It's one of those things you have to see to believe.

I'm sure we'll see this new axe in action soon enough and I'm sure it'll make an appearance or two on the next album. He sure has a lot of cool guitars to play and add a stunning array of different guitar sounds and textures on it. I've heard some guys play fretless guitars who are supposed to be experts on one and most of the stuff was... well, meh... Guthrie will do it justice for sure. Wait till you see Guthrie play 'Flight of the Bumblebee' on it! Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
sumis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to be afraid ...

ShadyDavey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands up anyone who's suprised Guthrie melts faces on a Fretless? Smile

Can't wait for the new album - he should also take the time to film some live gigs so he has control over the content and we get to see a wailing official live DVD ^^
MAXtheGuitarlover

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Really cool news!

Looking forward to hear/see him play it! Very Happy

I really like what Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is doing with the fretless guitar. Now I'm wondering what Guthrie will do with it. Smile
Chilton-a-tron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow... i can't wait to see him rip into one of those Very Happy I'm glad that guthrie is continuing with experimenting with different sounds, textures etc... I mean not to say Guthrie's playing could ever get boring but ya know this keeps his music extra snappy and fresh Razz ... i would also like to see him do some more stuff on a nylon string next album... arrhgh i can't wait till the new album comes out
fuzzyduck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Fab-u-lous!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: