Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Hi from the UK
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Hi from the UK Reply with quote

How's it going? Just dropping by to introduce myself....

My name's David and I live just outside of London. I was actually drawn to this site by finding the pictures of the Suhr 10th, and then realised where I was and wondered why I'd not thought of looking into a GG forum before!!

I've been aware of Guthrie for years now, originally through his GT column, and was always amused that someone sounding so 'relaxed' could shred....however, his talent and skills at the time were massively beyond my level so I just listened for inspiration. Oddly, his talent and skills are still massively beyond my level, but I'm in a marginally better position to adapt his ideas now Smile

So I play a variety of guitars - JS1000, N4, just got an old 80s Charvel swirled by a cool guy in Birmingham. Suhrs are on my radar. I'm a quilt fan through and through, but oddly have a thing for the Chilli Red Flame - go figure, (pardon the pun).

Most styles of music have found their way into my collection over the years, from Scott Joplin and classical to Embrace and Marlin, but rock and metal is my fave direction. Give me tapping any day of the week!!

Anyway, that's enough about me so let's talk about me for a while Wink Only kidding - see you in the discussions.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. It's good to have you here. It's a real nice and mellow environment here with a bunch of friendly guys, which is a reflection of Guthrie himself. Wink See you around!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: