Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev555

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Cornford mk50 mk2 effects loop help Reply with quote

Hi guys, great to back on the forum.

Just upgraded from my mk50 to a mk50 mk2 , awesome.

picked it up secondhand with no manul, and i am, really struggling with how the effects loops work on this amp.

Can you assign loop 1 to the clean channel and loops 2 to the overdrive channels ?

can switch loop 2 in and out easy via the lopp 2 button . but when using loop 1 its always on.

im stuck anyway, hope you guys can help me out.

cheers
kev
kev555

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: MK50 for sale Reply with quote

Hey all ,

Im selling my MK50 in ox blood red finish.

any takers ?

Kev
shred87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my gear.... AWESOME TONE

elydian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I ordered a Harlequin not too long ago. It's been delayed. The dealer said that Cornford were moving buildings, which has delayed a few orders.

Is this true, and if so, what's the estimated delay on things while this happens?

Thanks.
gadget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
the way cornford are going at the momment id say not at all

eh?... not at all what?

MissMisstreater wrote:
they arent shipping CDs out

they arent fixing things that get sent back to them

Owing to a fire at the factory, some operations have been a little disrupted. Back to normal this week, I'm told...

MissMisstreater wrote:
they arent going to me at the LONDON international music show

Not this year no, but hardly a cause to write them off... there are plenty of top companies missing from the list, especially in these difficult economic times...

MissMisstreater wrote:
reputation destroyed by the roadhouse

Laughing As I understand it, the Roadhouse is selling extremely well, has had excellent reviews and is the amp of choice of our man Guthrie. If you doubt his tonal choices, well this is a funny place to hang out... Wink
gadget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elydian wrote:
Hi. I ordered a Harlequin not too long ago. It's been delayed. The dealer said that Cornford were moving buildings, which has delayed a few orders.

Is this true, and if so, what's the estimated delay on things while this happens?

Thanks.

As mentioned above, there's been a fire recently, so hopefully back on track soon. I love my Harly! Smile
gadget

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cornford mk50 mk2 effects loop help Reply with quote

kev555 wrote:
Hi guys, great to back on the forum.

Just upgraded from my mk50 to a mk50 mk2 , awesome.

picked it up secondhand with no manul, and i am, really struggling with how the effects loops work on this amp.

Can you assign loop 1 to the clean channel and loops 2 to the overdrive channels ?

can switch loop 2 in and out easy via the lopp 2 button . but when using loop 1 its always on.

im stuck anyway, hope you guys can help me out.

cheers
kev

I have a MKII, but TBH have never gotten around to working out the switching yet Embarassed

I remember there was a thread on this on the old Cornford forum, so when it returns (soon, fingers crossed) and if I manage to properly install the backed-up posts Exclamation there should be something of use in there.
redhandedhaze

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man all of these people are ganging up on cornford!

I own an MK50, and it is one of my favorite amps to date. It is not my favorite amp to use with no pedals simply because of how loud it is (I have a blues jr that I use if I am not going to be using pedals), but with an overdrive pedal hooked up the amp sounds killer. It takes other pedals very well too.

Cornford amps are for people who can make any gear sound great. Guthrie could use any amp he wanted, but I'm sure he would not use a line 6, even though it may not sound very different to the amps he uses now. I have not used a roadhouse, but I have heard good things about them. Guthrie uses one at the moment because his own MK50II is being borrowed, but I don't think that cornford is forcing him to use it. I imagin that it sounds fairly gnarly if you have the fingers to do so.
frankus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadget, my wife bought some satsumas from Tesco the other week and one of them was moldy, what are you going to do about it Wink

I have the power!
sumis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since ed and frankus doesn't say anything i will: there might be some unconfirmed rumor spreading going on in this thread. i'm a great gossip, but i don't know about this ...

digitalkettle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuscan777 wrote:
Tescos will refund you on your purchase, and be happy to talk to you about the problem if you want I'm sure. This is good customer service as the product only cost a couple of pounds I guess?

It seems if you spend £800 with other companies you cannot expect the same level of service. Wink

Frankus was talking about satsumas...you bought a lemon Wink
Tuscan777

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit

Last edited by Tuscan777 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tuscan777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That other topic - the cornford naysayers - seem to be locked. But, as Frankus asked me a question then I'll post my answer here:

Tuscan777 wrote:

I wish the company continued success and hope that what happened to me is a one off.

However, due to my experience, it's understandable why I'm now looking elsewhere.

Quote:
I'm mildly confused. If you wish the company every success why would you want to frighten prospective buyers with your experiences by posting a list of complaints to popular forums?

I do wish them every success, the Uk needs small, but class leading companies like Cornford these days and I'd only ever heard good things about them which is why I wanted to splash my very hard earned cash on one of them.

The reason I posted on a couple of boards about this was initially to try and find any other means of contacting the company - as mentioned I had tried every avenue pretty much that I could think of with no luck. However, you're right, I cannot prove this so I'll just have to take solace in knowing that it's true.

Anyway, it's all over now. I have my money back, I have a new amp and the world continues to turn.

More power to Cornford and all of their users and all the best to everybody on this forum.
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your disappointment. Some of your behaviour indicates you're still feeling injustice - perhaps with fair cause. That's not for me to judge and you do have my sympathy.

I don't feel comfortable with you naming Cornford employers; that seems to be an abuse of information. But that's my opinion.

My reason for splitting the thread out is to allow Cornford users a place to keep in touch till their forums come back; without it getting tangled up with a load of nonsense.

As per PM I'll remove your comments from the other thread.

I have the power!
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
My reason for splitting the thread out is to allow Cornford users a place to keep in touch till their forums come back; without it getting tangled up with a load of nonsense.

Fingers crossed. What would be really cool right now is if someone authoritative came along and gave us the low-down. There's obviously some concern from the loyal user-base and a lot of stories and rumours flying around. I've seen a lot of 'Which valve amp...' threads lately and I reckon many of the loyal users are holding back on word-of-mouth recommendations until they know what the score is (hence the 'not feeling much positivity').
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: