Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cornford Users Regroup Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a real shame, and there was a time when Paul hung out here every so often. I remember the time someone reviewed Guthrie's CD before it came out.. that was really funny.

I think it's great that people feel so much a part of Cornford, I guess the down-side of that emotional investment is a heightened awareness of the bad things as well - seeking reassurance or expressing disapproval.

I've been trying to find insight into the current issue on the net (as a prospective buyer) but no joy. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon and Papa Cornford has just been busy doing cool things for you all Wink

I have the power!
BGG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on the Forum getting up and running again ? I miss reading all the info Sad
Anyone gone from using a Cornford 4x12 to a 2x12 ? pros cons ? anyone done it the other way around ??

Cheers guys ..

Ains
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have just finished my degrie and i'm very lucky to be having a helping hand getting a new amp I been useing a old 80s Laney Gh100l and looking to get the Cornford MK50 MK II I just want to know what people say about this amp good clean? and how are the overdrive side? I have a Suhr standard thats gets better and better everyday I play it and want to get that conrford tone to go with it so what are the pros and cons of this amp?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BGG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Suhr Modern and a Pro series S3 with a MK50 and they are so well matched. Cleans are fantastic by turning down the guitars volume and the gain is to die for, very full and rounded and meaty.
Folk reckon the MK50 II is even better Wink
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much that was so fast ha ha it dose seem to be the amp for me as the parts I need on my old lany the cornford has like the two Vol's hows the amp been over the time you've had it any problems as I gig alot and how you like the modern I'm going to go for the GG Suhr after I get the cornford
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the gg suhr and a hellcat, i love my hellcat, crushing drive, and a clean channel that can break up nicely too

its more portable than the mk!
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the hellcat that loud? as I play with some really loud drummers and one really quite one I know there is one ha ha and what you think or the GG Suhr? if its anythin like mine you feel like selling every guitar you got because nothin is as good as a suhr
BGG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MK50 has been very reliable so far, been gigging it twice a week for a few months now and it sounds way better than the Splawn QuickRod I was using. Tone to die for and simple to set up and use.

Would love a GG Modern ..... dunno hat they run at in the UK but that would be my next Suhr for sure Wink
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys and mayb Girls you have all have made me think I'll order it on monday and I think the GG suhr is £4.000 in the uk thats what it said in the uk mags when it was namm so I ges there about £3.500ish
BGG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I saw something somewhere saying from £2750 ??
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope thats true as I wont have to save for as long
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGG wrote:
The MK50 has been very reliable so far, been gigging it twice a week for a few months now and it sounds way better than the Splawn QuickRod I was using. Tone to die for and simple to set up and use.

Would love a GG Modern ..... dunno hat they run at in the UK but that would be my next Suhr for sure Wink

did you wright a thing on harmoney central about your amp?
BGG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope but I've written about in on www.hugeracksinc.com and www.rig-talk.com
markpoulter5150

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool I just went on and read someone with the cornford and your other amp
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do people get this idea that 35 watts isntloud and 50watts will kill you...

its stupid!

you wont ever use the mk on 10!

lets put it like this, my hellcat through a 1x12 on 4 hurts.....

if its power you want why not get the marshal mode 4? 350 watts enough

Wink

35 would KILL an gig situation easily

powerfull enough to fill a small venue that doesnt mic the amps...and for venues that do....well let the pa do the work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: