Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie Govan Fan Club in Spain
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie Govan Fan Club in Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Guthrie Govan Fan Club in Spain Reply with quote

Hi there,

We are two guys from Bilbao (northern Spain ) interested in launching a Guthrie Govan Spanish Fan Club. This idea could also be extended to an international range or to other countries in which an official fan club still doesn’t exist. Our main purpose is to keep people informed about Guthrie’s career, and also try to promote his music – specially within our country –, in a very dynamic way. Our idea is to create a web site to allow people to join the fan club for free, and to disseminate every information related to Guthrie which could be interesting, both through the web site itself and other communication channels (forums, radio, etc).

First of all, we would like to know if a similar initiative has already been launched, either in Spain or worldwide:
In case an International Fan Club already exists, we will of course join it and work hard in the introduction of an official fan club restricted to our country.
In case a Spanish Fan Club already exists, we will also join it and try to help as much as we can.
In other words, we do not want to be the competition of anybody, we just want to let people know about Guthrie and his work, and to show that there is no one like him.

So, if this idea is feasible we will start working on it and keep you informed about its progress.

In this case we kindly ask you to let us know about any news regarding Guthrie’s new stuff, collaborations, concerts, clinics, jams, etc. and provide us any interest information.

It would also be helpful for us to be authorized to publish photographs or even audio or video tracks, or maybe links to other web pages containing this kind of stuff.

If you think there is any additional advantage, service or help that could be offered to the fan club members please let us also know.

Any help that we can receive from you will be really appreciated, and of course count on us for anything in which we could help you.

Please let us know your feedback about this proposal. Hope to keep in contact with you.

We look forward to soon receive news from you!

Best regards,

Raul & Ińigo

(Rul & Garry)
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rul and Garry,

Thanks for your post and best wishes on your noble venture! Very Happy

It'd seem that this forum or Guthrie's MySpace site would have the most recent or updated info on what Guthrie is up to. I do wish I can spend more time here but my duties at Suhr and family stuff at home keep me quite occupied most of the time.

You are free to use the photos that get posted here and you can take whatever info I post and translate and post on your site if you'd like.

I'm not sure if an international fan club or other fan clubs in other countries exist, but I do know that a fairly large contingent of Guthrie fans are scattered all over the globe. The web has so many resources that I'm sure you can gather a lot of info with the good ole Google search in regards to blogs, articles, photos, and videos (mainly YouTube).

Still, I think you'll find the most reliable and up-to-date info about Guthrie right here on Guthrie's official discussion forum and Guthrie's MySpace site.

Cheers!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
sumis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool. go for it!

but i think it would be a bad idea establishing another forum ... use this as the vortex of the guthrie-centric interests and ativitie in the world. it's official, and established -- if not always cooking with activity.

cheers,

Garry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the replies, and for your help. We are still working on the idea after knowing Guthrie's opinion about this. He is such a honest person that he told us "I'm not sure that it's necessary for you to work on any kind of a fan club, and I'd hate to think of you devoting time to one needlessly".

We are thinking of a web page (maybe in Spanish?) with mainly information about Guthrie, but also other guitarrists and things related to guitar that we consider useful information. We will try to bring Guthrie to our town for a clinic/concert and use this same event for a public presentation of the project.

Of course we will not establish any other forum because it would not be better than this, so we would always refer people to this forum. As sumis well said, this would be the vortex, as it already is.

Once again thank you so much for supporting us.
openmind1984

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am a big Guthrie´s fan from Spain too, I ve a lot of nice things from Guthrie, a lot of vids, original and handmade vids, concerts, clinics, everithing, pics, gear...... so, if u need some help, just send me an email, I ll be glad to participate in that iniciative. Contact me thru http://www.youtube.com/openmind1984
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: