Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Hey everyone!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey everyone!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacesAreFine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Hey everyone! Reply with quote

Well this is exciting! I'm probably one of the younger people to join this forum (19). I say that because reading through the posts, it seems like many of you are pretty accomplished musicians, and I don't know many people my age who can say that about themselves... Or maybe I just don't want to admit I'm getting old Shocked

But anyway, right now, I'm studying to be a nurse, which is pretty awesome. You get to like, save lives! Smile

I don't have a job right now, so in my spare time, I'm a guitarist! Well, for about three years now. I'll listen to anything really. And the type of music that I play reflects that. I play rock oriented worship songs for my church, and that's really all I play live. Everything else I play for my own enjoyment, and the styles vary from metal, to classic rock, to acoustic stuff, etc. I've been getting into jazz recently, and I've taken a liking to jazzy fusiony type stuff. John Petrucci is one of my most enjoyable guitarists to listen to, and until recently, he *was* my favorite. However, about a week ago, I discovered Guthrie Govan, and it turned my world upside down. He rocks!!

And one last thing, I've been trying to improve on my improv chops as of late (which were practically nonexistent about a month ago). It's slow progress, but listening to good music keeps me motivated to keep at it!

So anyway, sorry if this was really long, I like to be thorough. Oh, and just fyi, I'm a dude. In case the nurse thing threw you off...lol
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!

there are definitely younger people here, that adds to the feeling old thing Laughing

but im glad you are enjoying your music so much, stick around and join in

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: