Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie's columns - Guitar Techniques
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie's columns - Guitar Techniques
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BubbaMc wrote:
Is there a list anywhere of exactly which issues of GT feature Guthrie? Or is he in most of them?

I doubt it. Unless someone has a super-well compiled iTunes library/database with all the tracks uploaded to it...

Most as in majority? I'd say that was accurate.

I'd never really twigged that Guthrie was this sensitive about his past work – reminds me of Holdsworth's attitude. Probably what makes them great.
BIOS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a funny situation regarding the copyright in terms of being able to re-issue entire magazines which seems an impossibility.

But what would be possible, as highlighted earlier, the re-issue of all author original content. A collection of complete Shaun Baxter creative rock columns for example. Again obviously entirely up to Shaun [ and GT?] if he [They?] wanted that to happen.

I for one would buy it. The same would be said for all original articles by guthrie and callard etc. A combination of all would be quite an amazing resource for any guitarist.

BIOS
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The its down to the artist

Shaun and Guthrie must not be interested, but i know Martin is working on a book based on his bootcamp series

Dario was telling me that GT are trying to change the contract the columnists write under so that the publisher keeps all rights. I figure this would mean that GT could release future columns again down the line

But Dario didnt seem keen on agreeing to the new terms as this removes his option to release things that hes done....

is such a crappy situation!

we just want a guthrie, shaun, pete, martin, and dario book!!!!!
MAXtheGuitarlover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:

we just want a guthrie, shaun, pete, martin, and dario book!!!!!

SOOOO true!

I actually just read an old interview by Shaun and he said he WAS working on a book but for some reason it never happened.
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah but Shaun has also been "working" on the 2nd jazz metal CD for nearly 16 years!!!

AXL ROSE BEAT HIM!!
MAXtheGuitarlover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
haha yeah but Shaun has also been "working" on the 2nd jazz metal CD for nearly 16 years!!!

AXL ROSE BEAT HIM!!

Laughing
stratoskier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the Dec issue of GT (#172) with Guthrie's article "Supercharge Your Playing." It basically deals with quirky ways to spice up pentatonic scales. While I like all of his articles, this one has some exceptionally cool examples. There are lots of Guthrie-isms sprinkled into the licks. Highly recommended.
Cheers,
Bert
jestremera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratoskier wrote:
Just got the Dec issue of GT (#172) with Guthrie's article "Supercharge Your Playing." It basically deals with quirky ways to spice up pentatonic scales. While I like all of his articles, this one has some exceptionally cool examples. There are lots of Guthrie-isms sprinkled into the licks. Highly recommended.
Cheers,
Bert

Too right you are. This is excellent stuff that's really fun to play.
thelordofthestrings

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLM wrote:
BubbaMc wrote:
Is there a list anywhere of exactly which issues of GT feature Guthrie? Or is he in most of them?

I doubt it. Unless someone has a super-well compiled iTunes library/database with all the tracks uploaded to it...

Most as in majority? I'd say that was accurate.

I'd never really twigged that Guthrie was this sensitive about his past work – reminds me of Holdsworth's attitude. Probably what makes them great.

I have a slightly-well compiled list of most of his columns along with the issues they came from. I will post them and anyone who has ones I'm missing I'll be sure to add.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: