Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Erotic Cakes - (almost) Whole album TABs
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Erotic Cakes - (almost) Whole album TABs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmerhoofd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, these are great. Thanks! Very Happy

The gp5's would also be awesome, certainly for practice (/backing tracks)! Did you also do drums, bass etc in them? Is there some magical way to get them from you? Laughing
I understand you don't want your work butchered by UG kids (I did some complete Buckethead gp's myself) , but on the other hand I don't see the purpose to keeping the secret either and nobody can learn from them.
Anyway, big thanks!
RoryButler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!
Finally managed to get the whole of the start of Ner Ner down because of this! I've been putting off doing the little solo at the start by ear Laughing
MAXtheGuitarlover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rule, Levi! Very Happy
Tom Gilroy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!
silverbeetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable!! Levi, you're brilliant.

Such a shame this didn't go to print, would've loved to have a real book of these - it's art in itself.

Keep up the good work and all the best in your future endeavours!

I'll remember your name Smile
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit silly really, why has this thread got fewer views than one with ONE tab in

come on lads

blog it! Facebook it! Im it!

Wink
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
Rei Arthur Pendragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look very accurate Levi, at first sight. Most people dont't have the chops to try to play it all(test all parts of the tab), so most people will just sometimes download one or another to learn only a small part. I didn't have time to really check the notes especially for the solo parts, as I am gigging with a band(If the files where gp5 i could give it a listen). Some fast parts are very wild improvisations, so checking the timing on the score and trying to play it accurately is hard (I bet most people would find a way to play the wild parts by removing or replacing some notes, and normalizing note duration on the odd fast stuff). Some guy tabbed sevens in gp5 and is asking for help on youtube. Have you checked it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2anisxAlro
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he for REAL?!?!?!? THATS MY FUCKING TAB!
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes taking the credit for MY work!!!

what can i do?
DLM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major kudos to the guy for admitting he was wrong and subsequently crediting you. Very Happy
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, because when you really ask what the subject of the video you come to the conclusion that

he got my tab... he wanted it to be finished

rather than asking me he asked the whole world, that in itself is pretty off, but when you add to that that hes tried to pass it off as his own work that he did by ear you see more sinister thought process

a tiny credit at the bottom of a video description is crap. Look at the comments people have commented "his" work and asked for the tab.
Rei Arthur Pendragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez man! Now that I took a good look on your pfd tab, it just stops at where his stops! Damn... what a bad thing for him to do. Anyway, I started trying your tabs on guitar, and I want to give you a suggestion : On Rhode Island Shred, the starting double-stop part to me looks more like this :

-3b--0----0--------------------------------------
-2b----3b----3-0---------------------------------
-----------------3-2-0----2--0-1-----------------
------------------------2---------2--0-----------
----------------------------------------2-1-0----
----------------------------------------------3h4

-------0-------------------0------------------------
-------------------------------------------------
---2(let ring)~~~~~/s9---------------------------
0------------------------------------------------
Rei Arthur Pendragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second bar i just changed the slide to 9 to the D string (in your tab was at the G string, thus generating a unisson), and changed the double-stop bend on the start of the first bar up here... in your tab is :

3b(1/4)-----
17----------
maybe some accidental mistake, i don't know if you have "reupped" the pdf files...

I'm trying the solo part now, and dude it looks perfect! YOu are very fucking good at transcribing! Damn!
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats because the version i have uploaded is a compact version

my personal GP5 file contains all the guitar parts and overdubs, one guitar finishes its phrase and then another starts in a different area.

I appreciate how it might look confusing. If you email me i'd be happy to email you the guitar pro file
DLM

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissMisstreater wrote:
no, because when you really ask what the subject of the video you come to the conclusion that

he got my tab... he wanted it to be finished

rather than asking me he asked the whole world, that in itself is pretty off, but when you add to that that hes tried to pass it off as his own work that he did by ear you see more sinister thought process

a tiny credit at the bottom of a video description is crap. Look at the comments people have commented "his" work and asked for the tab.

Of course I understand that you're upset, but given the small possibility of any legal options on your part, I thought his admitting he was wrong was pretty big of him – in the light of how people often respond to "criticism" on the internets. He could easily have denied using your tab and started insulting you, in all honesty, that was what I was expecting, as YouTube comments frequently descend into flame wars very quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: