Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Cornforh Hellcat Guthrie Setup..... IMPOSSBLE!!!! help !!!!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cornforh Hellcat Guthrie Setup..... IMPOSSBLE!!!! help !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openmind1984

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Cornforh Hellcat Guthrie Setup..... IMPOSSBLE!!!! help !!!! Reply with quote

Hi there, I am a guitar player from Spain, big fan of Guthrie too.... anyway. I have a Cornford hellcat head, and when it arrived, I was a little bit worried about the power, it´s only 35w and I thought that maybe it wouldn´t be enought sometimes, but, now, I have the amp here, and I can´t play live with it settin´up more thant point 1 of volume!!!!!! Too much volume is commin´out of this beast!!!! Then, I found this pic on a website, lookin´for some Guthrie setups...

http://www.pixx.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/GG/_DSC7558_controls.jpg

... how is he gettin´the sound with so much volumen and just for recording... does he put off some valves? ... or is he using some kind of THD ( volume atenuator or something like that ).... cause if not... something is wrong with my amp .... I am using it with a orange 4x12 cab .... please help, !!!!!
shred87

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi man... i have a cornford hellcat like you...yes the volume is really loud... in some clip guthrie have the volume pot on 2/3 ... like me on live stage...others video the pot is on 6/7 and in this case i think that he use an attenuator... is impossible to play the hellcat on modern channel at 7 of volume ... really impossible
openmind1984

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks shred87 ... that´s just what I thought.... anyway.... can u tell me some nice atenuators out there.... I ve never have to use une... but I think if have to record somethin at home, I ll have to ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: