Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Got A Match
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got A Match

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greghowe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Got A Match Reply with quote

Hi can you please help me and analize this amazing tune by chick corea
So I'll know which scales to use on each chord to improvise.

tell me if this correct:
Dm I | A7 V| Dm I| on the first 3 bars I can play Dm and on the A7 Dm harmonic
D7 V| Gm I| Gm I| on those bars I can play Gm and on the DV Gm harmonic
Em7 ?? A7 V| I can play Dm harmonic on A7 but I don't know what I can play on the Em7
Fm7 II Bb7 V|Eb I| Its a II-V-I on the Eb scale so I can play Eb here.
Em7 again ?? A7 V| again I can play Dm harmonic on A7 but I don't know what I can play on the Em7
this is the easiest way to improvise on this tune without even modes but I'm not sure if it's correct please help me and tell if my analize is right or write your own analize.
Rei Arthur Pendragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Em - A7 that goes later to the Fm you can play the D scale over both Em and A7 (it's a II V that would go to D).

Over the Em7(5b) A7 that goes latter to Dm you play the D harmonic minor over both chords.

And over the Em7 A7 that goes to Dm, you can play the D scale over Em7 then switch to D harmonic minor over A7.

Also, you can play the D melodic minor scale over Em7 A7, it'll give a nice sound.

Remember that you are going to go back to the Aeolian (this one is a less harsh change when resolving the II V ) or Dorian mode over Dm, if they play it with a minor 7 (it just shows Dminor over the score).

This is Jazz, so after that you can fool around with a lot of scales, like the diminished scale, whole-tone scale ( and you can mix scales using chromatism) , etc.
greghowe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: