Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Vids from the Far East Asia Clinic Tour
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vids from the Far East Asia Clinic Tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Vids from the Far East Asia Clinic Tour Reply with quote

Guthrie and I embarked on a clinic tour of the Far East in early-June and it was a spectacular success. Guthrie started out in India with two clinic-gigs which drew over 500 people for one and nearly 300 for the other. I then hooked up with Guthrie in Hong Kong for a clinic there in a packed little restaurant/bar. From there, it was onto Beijing and the clinic there also drew nearly 300 people, which was a pleasant surprise.

But the highlight of the tour was definitely the visit to Seoul where we did a clinic-concert one night and Guthrie did two TV show tapings that will be nationally broadcast in Korea in mid-July. Music Force, the Suhr dealer and distributor in Korea, did a tremendous job organizing and promoting the events. The clinic-concert on June 8 drew nearly 700 people, which was definitely a record for an event like this.

We are already planning another extravaganza in Seoul in October with Guthrie's band also flying in from UK and Andy Wood joining in on the fun as special guest and second guitarist. There'll be four TV station shows for both Guthrie and Andy as well as a concert at an even bigger venue.

I should have more vids and a lot of photos later from the trip, but here are some new vids from the tour for now. Enjoy!

Hong Kong TV Interview and 'Waves' Performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpGbyOH_U0

Videos from Our Visit to Seoul, Korea

Music Force Visit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqua5jJBwQ

Clinic on June 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bccIz68zNik

Jam on 'Little Wing' with Korean artist Kim Se-Hwang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJnokpyDNHk

Ner Ner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG5VogJWNwQ

Special thanks to Jennifer Hong at Music Force who took these vids and edited them for our viewing pleasure. Jennifer, who is the marketing manager at Music Force, really gets Guthrie, guitar music in general and guitars as she's from a singer/musical actress/pianist background. She did an amazing job organizing the events and made the experience far beyond what Guthrie and I expected in Seoul. Can't wait to get back there with Guthrie's band and Andy Wood to boot! Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
geese_com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed! Always nice to see some new Guthrie vids.
Chilton-a-tron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for the vids, always inspires me to practice more!! But god dayum would he hurry up an not be busy and get the next album out before i figuratively wet my pants. Very Happy
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another vid of 'Little Wing' jam from the EBS TV broadcast show on June 10 with another fine Korean guitar player - I.H. Jeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ63T-pXuic
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Chilton-a-tron

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Here's another vid of 'Little Wing' jam from the EBS TV broadcast show on June 10 with another fine Korean guitar player - I.H. Jeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ63T-pXuic

Awesome stuff at first 'I.H. Jeon' looked a little awkward and not quite 'gelling' with guthrie, but from his solo onward he changed my mind haha - great playing from both of them and i love it how guthrie after the other guy's 'balls to the wall' solo wasn't afraid to take a more subtle approach and compliment it rather than fight it.
geese_com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately, I've been seeing Guthrie playing through what looks like a Suhr Badger head and cab. Has he switch from Cornford or is that just the amp that is available for the East Asia gigs? Thanks.
RoryButler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geese_com wrote:
Lately, I've been seeing Guthrie playing through what looks like a Suhr Badger head and cab. Has he switch from Cornford or is that just the amp that is available for the East Asia gigs? Thanks.

I'd guess that those amps are all that's available for him. I noticed that the shop who seems to be posting these videos onto youtube stocks Suhr gear, but not Cornford, so I assume they provide him with Suhr amps for the gigs?

But this is just guess work so I may be wrong!
I just can't imagine Guthrie moving from Cornford.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthrie is just going with what makes sense when Cornford amps aren't available. Cornford amps are just difficult to find out there and amps are hard things to lug around on tours such as these.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: