Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - CORNFORD RECORDS RIP OFF
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CORNFORD RECORDS RIP OFF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rulo0801

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: CORNFORD RECORDS RIP OFF Reply with quote

Hi all, first post. My name is Raul. I'd tried to register in the past but I never got that damn VIP code Laughing Hope y'all are doing well.

Anyway, main reason I wanted to try and register again is to seek help from you guys. I'm really disappointed with Cornford Records. I bought Guthrie's CD back in June 25 and to this day my order hasn't arrived. I just read on one of the topics that the CD is sold out but, was it sold out on June 25? It didn't state it on when I bought it. I sent mails to paul@cornfordamps.com as it was the only email I could find. Cornford Records doesn't even bother having an email address nor a telephone number. Naturally, I never received an answer from them. I never got any email notification that my payment had been received nor one saying my order had been shipped. Reallly REALLY FUCKING BAD SERVICE. I want my money back and as they won't reply to messages and don't even have a telephone number for me to call I have nowhere else to turn but here. Is there a phone I can call or an email or anything?!

Really disappointing because I had listened to the record a zillion times before I bought it, it changed my life. I first listened to it I think three years ago and when I was finally able to buy it I was super excited. So hopefully you guys can help me. Cheers everyone!
RobinEssex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i understand your frustration this is not really the right place to vent it, try the link below or if that fails then maybe give Cornford Amps a ring and see if they can put you in touch with the relevant parties!

http://www.cornfordrecords.com/
jordan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin,
If you re-read the original post, you'll see there doesn't appear to be a telephone number, nor do they seemingly answer emails. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard this happen from someone who's bought Guthrie's CD. Cornford need to sort this out asap, or let GG go to another distribution company who will do the job properly. As it stands, neither GG nor his fans are getting a fair ride.

Edit: just looked at the cornfordrecords website - both the albums they're selling are out of stock! Unreal. Isn't Guthrie p!ssed at this? How is he meant to fund the next album if sales of the current one are non-existent?
digitalkettle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jordan wrote:
Robin,
If you re-read the original post, you'll see there doesn't appear to be a telephone number, nor do they seemingly answer emails. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I've heard this happen from someone who's bought Guthrie's CD. Cornford need to sort this out asap, or let GG go to another distribution company who will do the job properly. As it stands, neither GG nor his fans are getting a fair ride.

Edit: just looked at the cornfordrecords website - both the albums they're selling are out of stock! Unreal. Isn't Guthrie p!ssed at this? How is he meant to fund the next album if sales of the current one are non-existent?

+ fkn 1.
RobinEssex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed there's no phone no but there is a different email address, info@cornfordrecords.com Good luck.
MissMisstreater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you really think that if Paul isnt answering his personal emails that someone will answer the general email?

cornford make amazing amps, sadly i think this kind of situation (atrocious customer service) has happened too much and has tarnished their reputation severely
Suhr GG modern > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Xotic bb+ > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > DE phaser > Analogman bichorus (all in carl martin combinator) > Bogner XTC head > EB volume > Eventide timefactor > cornford 2x12
Meldrius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you didn't get the CD cause it was already out of stock... What I do know is that when I ordered mine (maybe a year ago ?) it took several months to get there, I thought it got lost on the way... but it finally arrived... don't know if this helps though (it wouldn't be relevant if it was already out of stock in June)
BIOS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about this Rulo though also sorry to say I'm not surprised.

There really should be a sticky thread for fans who have been screwed over by Cornford distribution practices. The sooner Guthrie decides to find another company to look after his musical output the better. Especially with plans for a second record in the pipeline. I hope he looks after it before then because i for one wouldn't order a CD from Cornford in a million years....

BIOS
bauhausbullet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peoples, I don't post much on here but here's my two penneth;

I ordered Guthrie's 'Erotic Cakes' CD through the Cornford amps website as you too describe. I emailed a bloke (can't remember his name) that I found on the very same website and asked him how long the CD would take to arrive. He said to wait for a bit because he was going into hospital for an operation. The CD arrived about two weeks later if I remember correctly.

This doesn't help, but it's a good album!! Very Happy

I've since tried to order other things from them, been directed to PayPal and can't get any further, no response from customer services.

It's strange and very frustrating - why is this? Confused

Hope it turns up eventually. Regards, Rich.
Texter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...it was a bit disappointing to not be able to get a copy of Erotic Cakes when I went to see GG the other night. Well...at least I finally got to see Guthrie live!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: