Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie's Session with The Aristocrats Getting Started
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie's Session with The Aristocrats Getting Started
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Here's a pic of the chart for one of Marco's tunes that has been a real challenge for both Guthrie and Bryan although I believe they've finally gotten a hang of it. Note the 11/16 time signature that shifts to 3/4 and back to 11/16 as well as a section in 4/4. There'll be all kinds of weird time sigs all over this album. And, yes, although there'll be no vocals on this album it may still get the Parental Advisory warning sticker based on the title of this tune! Wink

epic! Laughing

i'm learning it now!

honuvaleva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, some very cool pics
jb777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait, enjoying playing the written stuff of that pic, would love a uk tour, i bet these guys would easily sell out the academy 2 in manchester, small capacity venue, ritchie kotzen has played there, maybe worth a look

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/venue/manchester-academy-2

its a small venue but itd be great to see a band like this in an intimate setting just food for thought.

many thanks for the updates and pics ed.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb777 wrote:
cant wait, enjoying playing the written stuff of that pic, would love a uk tour, i bet these guys would easily sell out the academy 2 in manchester, small capacity venue, ritchie kotzen has played there, maybe worth a look

http://www.ticketline.co.uk/venue/manchester-academy-2

its a small venue but itd be great to see a band like this in an intimate setting just food for thought.

many thanks for the updates and pics ed.

I'll definitely keep this venue in mind. Thanks for the heads-up.

Here's a little promotional mockup that dealer Music Force in Seoul, Korea made up for the shows there in July.

This isn't an official band photo or anything like that. Those will come soon.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Wed May 04, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
jb777

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers ed, i cant wait, all or at least the large % of my guitar pupils are guthrie fans now lol, if you can get anything near or around there ill pack out as many cars as i can and get the place packed Smile hows the recording going?
RoryButler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
I'll definitely keep this venue in mind. Thanks for the heads-up.

If we're talking venues for a UK tour, I'm sure the Birmingham Academy 2 would easily take 'em (if not the main academy venue area, hell, I know a guy who's headlined the Academy 2 and I don't know any really prestigious people! Laughing ).

Though speculation aside, I would love the band to have a Birmingham gig, the few times Guthrie's been in Birmingham have either been real inconvenient for me, or I've completely missed him! (once at music live he was apparently around, but I must have been completely in a daze!).

Anyway, looking forward to this stuff, I'm a fan of Guthrie (obviously) as well as Marco, and I enjoy everything I've heard of Bryan so far, so this is a winning combo!

I may have a crack at playing the sheet music posted on the last page...it might not end well though! Razz
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rough mix is done and the final mixdown will be done by TJ Helmerich over at GIT and the mastering may be done by TJ as well. All I can say is that this album is exactly what we'd expect from a band like this: intense, raw, in-your-face rude, spontaneous, eclectic, groovin', rockin' hard, mind-bogglingly complex at times, lyrical, melodic, fun, mischievous, lotsa unexpected twists and turns, and mind-blowingly virtuosic. Yeah yeah, that's a lot of hype but it's just one of those albums that won't grab you right away but still begs for repeated listenings. Then, at the 2nd or 3rd listening, it starts filtering in and knocks you out.

What I can state with confidence is that this is nothing like the G3 (Vai, Satch, Yngwie, EJ) variety and certainly not like DT either but, then, that's not what you are expecting from this band. It really isn't anything like 'Erotic Cakes' either. This band already has a sound of its own. This sounds and feels like a live trio album. There are virtually no guitar overdubs except for a few here and there to flesh out the mix but this is raw and virtually live. This is what the band wanted for this debut album - no BS! Wink

Here are a few more pics from the session:

.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
emmerhoofd

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything planned like a backing track/guitar tab package release?
Or would that just not make sense with the music played?
Also, I can imagine it wouldn't be something a band would want to put out as opposed to a solo artist, but I'm pretty sure there would be a demand for it any way Wink
Incu

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's fast! Can't wait to hear them! I saw some footage of them playing at namm, the chemestry was amazing, they just work together. I can see why they "had" to do this. Now if they only would come to Portugal...
Garry

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
All I can say is that this album is exactly what we'd expect from a band like this: intense, raw, in-your-face rude, spontaneous, eclectic, groovin', rockin' hard, mind-bogglingly complex at times, lyrical, melodic, fun, mischievous, lotsa unexpected twists and turns, and mind-blowingly virtuosic.

It is hard to imagine what kind of music to be expected with so many attributes. I can not wait to listen to the result!

It would be nice to have something in advance... No, the current youtube videos are not enough.
olliewoodwright

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the topic of good venues for them to play:

Concorde 2 in Brighton would be awesome. I'm pretty sure there would be a pretty big turnout from the Students at BIMM.

http://www.concorde2.co.uk/
jb777

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant wait , ed do we have an eta on the album? do you know what label it will be on???????????? and where we can get a copy?
RoryButler

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely looking forward to this.
I haven't had a lot of money recently so I've missed out on a few recent released, but I'm going to have to splash the cash for this one!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb777 wrote:
cant wait , ed do we have an eta on the album? do you know what label it will be on???????????? and where we can get a copy?

No ETA yet. It will now be mixed and probably mastered as well by TJ Helmerich at GIT in Hollywood. I'll definitely keep you guys posted.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: