Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Possible Future US Clinic Tour Destinations
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible Future US Clinic Tour Destinations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carter.rankin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Volume Swell wrote:
Feel free to revisit Berklee, as I'm sure the school would love to have you fall or spring semesters.

We're planning to be back in Boston soon and make sure we have enough time there the next time around!

Ha Ya that was Awsome though! Next time play Uncle Skunk too please!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Tulsa Oklahoma Reply with quote

Wickedpicker wrote:
We don't have a Suhr dealer but we have one of those giant Guitar Centers, think Musicians friend retail outlet. Tulsa is nearly equidistant between K.C. and Dallas and I for one would canvas the city to get butts in the store. I hate Guitar Center for what it has done to local shops i.e. putting three icons out of buisiness but I would put all my Wal Mart hate asside to help the cause of getting GG the exposure he deserves. Put it on the calender and I will guarantee a turnout. By the way, Cains ballroom is perfect for GG.

Thanks for the post. We'll definitely keep you in mind. Working out the logistics will be a challenge, but I'm sure we can work something out.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
hey Ed! I know this is a bit late of a post...but I just want to thank for the great and informative clinic at Arlene's in NYC. It was great to finally Guthrie's talent in the flesh.

I brought my sister and a friend who were not guitar players, but really enjoyed Guthrie's and your explanations (my friend was thinking of picking up guitar, and your words taught him a thing or two about sound and choosing a guitar). We all thought that Guthrie was the coolest bloke ever, and enjoyed talking to him after the show.

I wanted to meet you too Ed, but I didn't want to bother you putting the stuff away since you were pressured to speed it up for the next band. We waited for a while, but I didn't see you at all after that. Our car was on a meter so we had to bail eventually. Hopefully next time Ed Smile

Hey Carlo, great to hear from you and sorry I missed you, but at least you got to hang with Guthrie for a bit. Glad you enjoyed the clinic. We want to get back to NYC soon and do it bigger and better with a real band. Wait till you see Guthrie with other smokin' musicians! It's a whole different experience, but even seeing Guthrie playing live to backing tracks is something else, isn't it?
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: US dates Reply with quote

jscheetz wrote:
Hey Guys -

I am in Kansas City and think I could help with a clinic at Funky Munky. They are good friends of mine. I also know lots of Guthheads here so we could get the word out. Feel free to email me - jeff@jeffscheetz.com

I will actually be in the UK for the next couple of weeks playing a festival and the nproducing a band over there. But will be back after that and would be happy to help any way I could. I have done hundreds of clinics for Yamaha guitars so know how it helps to have some local support.

JS

Hi Jeff, thanks for the note. It'd be great to stop by KC during the southeast/midwest tour we're planning for next year. I'm thinking that it would probably be in the late-spring/early-summer timeframe, so we have some time to work things out. Please talk to the good folks at Funky Munky and I'll talk with them as well in the near future. It's great to see the level of interest in Guthrie all around the world. The demand is really picking up over in Asia and Europe as well. I'll keep you posted and we'll stay in touch.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
Carlo wrote:
hey Ed! I know this is a bit late of a post...but I just want to thank for the great and informative clinic at Arlene's in NYC. It was great to finally Guthrie's talent in the flesh.

I brought my sister and a friend who were not guitar players, but really enjoyed Guthrie's and your explanations (my friend was thinking of picking up guitar, and your words taught him a thing or two about sound and choosing a guitar). We all thought that Guthrie was the coolest bloke ever, and enjoyed talking to him after the show.

I wanted to meet you too Ed, but I didn't want to bother you putting the stuff away since you were pressured to speed it up for the next band. We waited for a while, but I didn't see you at all after that. Our car was on a meter so we had to bail eventually. Hopefully next time Ed Smile

Hey Carlo, great to hear from you and sorry I missed you, but at least you got to hang with Guthrie for a bit. Glad you enjoyed the clinic. We want to get back to NYC soon and do it bigger and better with a real band. Wait till you see Guthrie with other smokin' musicians! It's a whole different experience, but even seeing Guthrie playing live to backing tracks is something else, isn't it?

yeah, we were all pretty blown away. And we also dug the little licks he doodled with in between (like when someone from the audience broke the beer bottle, lol, and the Billie Jean riff). And I really dig that sound of his modern and that tele. Gave me serious GAS after that show.

I will definitely look forward to seeing him with a backing band Smile
Grax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Boston Reply with quote

Another vote for Boston. Definitely let me know if/when he's going to be coming through...
redhandedhaze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Reply with quote

Grax wrote:
Another vote for Boston. Definitely let me know if/when he's going to be coming through...

+1
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three full days in Boston:

Jan 28 Thu, 1PM - Berklee Performance Center master class at 1pm. This event will be open to the public this time, so non-Berklee students are all welcome.

Jan 29 Fri, 8PM - Guthrie will be playing at the Middle East Downstairs 480 Mass Ave in Cambridge at 8pm with the Jon Finn Group. Tix are available on ticketmaster.com right now, $18 in advance or $20 at the door. This is an 18+ show!

Jan 30 Sat, 7PM - Berklee Cafe 939 event to be announced. This may be a Berklee-only event so please plan on the other 2 events if you're a non-Berklee student. Will also feature product clinic in conjunction with Matt's Music.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
wallympls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minneapolis, MN for sure.
SpacesAreFine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this thread still alive? Am I breaking any code by posting now? It's been 4 months... But, anyway, I would totally go to a clinic in Miami/Ft Lauderdale. Just saying...
Valse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we've gone ahead and decided to revive this thread i would love it so much if Guthrie came to Raleigh, NC again. I got to talk to him one on one for about 20 min. last time he was here and it was one of the best days of my life, lol.

He at one point asked what one should play over a Amin - Gmin progression and i said A dorian thinking it was Amin - Bmin and felt like a moron, heh. Guthrie just looked at me like "WTF" and said "Um....no.". Hahaha.........
mgavin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnesota? saint paul or minneapolis, mcnally smith college of music!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: