Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Original G.G. Signature or New G.G. Antique Signature?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original G.G. Signature or New G.G. Antique Signature?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Saosin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Original G.G. Signature or New G.G. Antique Signature? Reply with quote

I have one of the first G.G. Suhrs. And while I absolutely love it, I do have to wrestle with the tuning at times.

I was thinking about finding someone who wants to trade, straight up, a new model for my first model (signed by G.G. next to the laser engrave).

I'm thinking that the new wood choices will be quite a bit more stable. While I'm sure some people still love the sound of mahogany, I would rather trade that certain tone for a more stable neck in every situation.

Any advice or comparisons between the two guitars?

Until I get my hands on one, I won't be able to use my own ears and fingers. And I trust your opinions.

One more thing, does anybody know why the G.G. Doesn't come BFTS equipped? Has anybody retrofitted Buzz Feiten on a Guthrie?

Thanks everyone,

Justin
bender83

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although i too am a mahogany guy can see your neck stability point,but the basswood body is a real downer for me.So i thnk i would go with the original one(though i haven;t play any of them to be true).As for the BFTS i think that it gets in the way with the Drop D tuning.
Justin Saosin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bender83 wrote:
BFTS i think that it gets in the way with the Drop D tuning.

Really? I didn't know that.

Is it that significant of an issue?

If the cons outweigh the pros, it makes total sense.

I have a Tom Anderson hollow drop top and Tele. And I absolutely love the BFTS on those.

The G.G. Suhr just blows them away tone wise. Again it's just the tuning.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: