Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - help with rasmus GG
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with rasmus GG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitar989

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: help with rasmus GG Reply with quote

hello, I just got a ramsus GG and its an amazing guitar.. the only thing is the low E string has a buzz to it starting at around the 4th fret going right up the whole fret board... I have tried raising the saddle but it didn't change much. I was thinking maybe i could loosen the trem claw screw for that side of the trem a little bit, as the trem is not fully flush with the body its off by like fractions of a milimeter.. any way could someone please offer me some advice
guitar989

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a tremel-no to install, and the springs are in a /|\ fassion, I have to put the springs | | | in order to install the tremel-no.. will changing the angle of the springs affect the tremelo
bender83

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the problem lies with the nut.If the tremolo adjustment doesn't work you should try and raise the string from the nut.I ve seen some that use paper.Also it never harms to check the truss rod,specially with a mahogany neck (if remember correctly).
guitar989

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raised the low E from the saddle a bit and it pretty much fixed the issue. Now i am wondering about the tremolo springs, they are /|\ and i want to change them to | | | i mean the 3 springs in the back of the guitar. I think by changing the angle of the springs from a 45 to all parallel will make a diffreence.. am I correct to think so?
sumis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lube 'everything'. check the nut slot. and first and foremost (before messing with saddle height): check the neck relief.

if you dampen the strings behind the nut, does it still buzz?

guitar989

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten rid of 98% of the buzzing . the action is low, so I just have to be carefull about how hard i pick. The closer i pick to the neck the buzz goes away.. and if i pick right next to the bridge there is no buzz. Picking the strings above the middle single coil produces the most buzz.
Scias

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that guitar at the weekend, and compared it to a Suhr Modern (2 humbuckers only). It comes pretty close it terms of tone, the only difference I found is that the Modern gives more rich low frequencies and probably better loud harmonics.

I would definitely start with the truss rod, even if it sacrifices action on the other strings. I guess I'm a bit late now seeing as you say 98% of the problem is solved. I wouldn't say it's completely solved though, until you can pick anywhere along the string and however hard you like, without any buzzing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: