Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - I played my second gig in 16 yrs at the weekend! Incl. pics.
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I played my second gig in 16 yrs at the weekend! Incl. pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: I played my second gig in 16 yrs at the weekend! Incl. pics. Reply with quote

Just last year I made my return to gigging after 15 years, and on Saturday night my band finally played its second gig! Something like 100 people turned up (to see the band we supported (far more experienced, local and much younger than us – all 21), who'd kindly invited us to rock the rural Allgäu with them. Despite the majority of the audience not knowing us from Adam, we had a proper moshpit going quickly, and I played a solo standing on a PA speaker in front of the stage, surrounded by headbangers (OK, a few, I'll not get carried away!).

I was most perturbed when a bloke suddenly whipped out a massive TV camera and pointed it at me just as I launched into a solo. He then proceeded to film our crotches one by one for most of the rest of the set. Shocked Apparently the headliners were making a live DVD, and some 15 minutes or so of footage of us got shot, too. We were also recorded off the mixing desk, but I've yet to hear the incriminating material of my performance...

I've just received 80-something more photos from the show. Unlike those I've posted here, you can see that:

1) We had an audience.
2) There were women in it, even young, attractive ones! Shocked
3) Young women danced to our music – we're a thrash metal band on its second gig, that truly is a "only in rurual Germany" moment! Very Happy Cool

I'll try to get some of these up later.

Here's some pics I do have available now, I'm the bloke with the regulation-issue black Ibanez RG550, Herbert can occasionally be seen glowering in the background because he'd been told off by the sound guys for being too loud:

Rock 'n' roll!

\m/ >< \m/
theblackcat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you mate! Any vids/soundclips?

Rock On!!!
DLM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy

Videos and audio were recorded live at the gig, but we haven't got our dirty hands on either yet...

Our four-song demo can be downloaded for free from Jamendo.com, or you can stream it on MySpace, LastFM or Facebook. All the links for that sort of stuff are on our homepage:

http://cyrence.de/

More pics here:

http://de-de.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.314718758576847.67272.111467332235325&type=1

This is probably the best one, 'cause you can see the audience reaction!
Twisted Evil Very Happy
DLM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theblackcat wrote:
Good for you mate! Any vids/soundclips?

Rock On!!!

Hi again! Now we have a live video from a gig two weeks later on our YouTube channel, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dqIFXWrNU

Most of the whys and wherefores should be in information section under the video. I'm the guy with the afro.

This is actually the first time I've posted my electric lead playing on the forum, so I've found a bit of leather to bite on...

A friend of the singer's took this on a two-year old Motorola phone, but we thought it turned out well enough to post as the first thing on our YT channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: