Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie + Axe Fx II ......
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie + Axe Fx II ......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bender83

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Guthrie + Axe Fx II ...... Reply with quote

I hope that many of us had already watched the new jam series from jtc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5tcxpbETLA&feature=g-hist

For the first time i was really let down by Guthrie's tone (in a controlled environment).I just felt that all those things (dynamics,micro bends, slurs... that we all love in his playing tonewise were not there.Just some thoughts. Wink
frankus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing Guthrie playing an Axe-FX at the Bassment and thinking the auto-wah was really crisp. A lot of the time I've heard him play at the Bassment the sounds varied from one week to the next and all round the tone from the Axe-FX was disappointingly good... disappointing because it's far cooler to have a dozen funny coloured boxes to tap dance on... Smile

I have the power!
JohnnyFavorite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the latest issue of Guitar Interactive Magazine, there's an advert with Guthrie endorsing the Axe-FX II...

"Finally a panacea for guitar tone which actually works. I never thought the day would come, but the sound and feel of this magic black box are so 'real' that witchcraft would appear to be the only logical explanation... Most pleasing!" - Guthrie Govan

There's a nice video-interview too!
Scias

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favourite tone from guthrie is from his 'woody' 2004-2005 gigs at tone merchants, and his tone from the small amp in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eigNwd0snlE
Scias

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFavorite wrote:
In the latest issue of Guitar Interactive Magazine, there's an advert with Guthrie endorsing the Axe-FX II...

"Finally a panacea for guitar tone which actually works. I never thought the day would come, but the sound and feel of this magic black box are so 'real' that witchcraft would appear to be the only logical explanation... Most pleasing!" - Guthrie Govan

There's a nice video-interview too!

I read that magazine a few weeks ago, but that 'Sevens' solo as soon as you open the magazine? Jesus man, it keeps dragging me back to listen again! There are times when Guthrie's playing speaks to my emotions so much it brings a tear to my eye! What tone as well!
bender83

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the exact same feelings when i first listened fives from the 6 string theory CD.That solo !!! Smile
Although i generally think that the original version is way better , that jaw dropping legato line at the specific moment is one of the greatest changes in a song ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: