Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Where does Guthrie's tone come from?
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where does Guthrie's tone come from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sumis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 what he, the history buff, said.

well, hi freq roll off and feedback settings on a delay is obviously not in the hands ... but no one has talked about that, i hope.

it's all about how someones articulation and phrasing, way of attacking the instrument, creates a certain perception of sound.

it's about effect and perception, not all about measurable frequencies.

antonis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Where does Guthrie's tone come from? Reply with quote

Mr C. wrote:
but as GG once said to me, if I use a guitar from someone and his amp?? I will sound like me but with a rubbish guitar and his amp?

that 1st sentence doesn't make sense. he probably meant if he plays a shitty guitar and amp he will still sound like him but with a rubbish guitar and amp and that's true
JD0x0

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90% of tone is in the fingers. The other 10% is in the equipment. I get extremely similar sounds from my Vox-VT-40+ that I do from my custom Dumble clone rig. Sure the tube amp is way more responsive and drips with harmonics compared to the Vox but I still sound like me though any decent amp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: