Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - 'Culture Clash' Now Officially Launched!
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Culture Clash' Now Officially Launched!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: 'Culture Clash' Now Officially Launched! Reply with quote

http://thearistocrats.spinshop.com

Cool
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video preview of the album on MusicRadar.com and YouTube:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/exclusive-video-preview-the-aristocrats-new-album-culture-clash-578917
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long-awaited second studio album 'Culture Clash' by the Aristocrats has officially been released as of July 16, 2013 12:00AM US Eastern Standard Time. Tracked in January of this year in Nashville just before the NAMM Show, it has been an extremely hectic few months to get this album ready to ship by this due date on the eve of the Aristocrats' 2103 Summer US Tour.

I'm starting to get a good hang of this music distribution business. Smile It's got its quirks and is quite different in some ways from the musical instruments industry that I'm now a 22-year veteran of, but there are more similarities than differences.

I'm just very happy and extremely proud to be part of a team with the Aristocrats to bring the band's unique music and artistry to the public. My area of expertise is in logistics and operations and that's what I've been working on with this band - cranking the wheels behind the scenes. It's also what I'll soon be doing at my new gig at Guitar Center - QC, supply chain, sourcing, new product development and coordinating things with marketing and sales for their proprietary brands products.

Personally, I like this a lot better than doing sales and customer service kind of work and it's what I do at Boing Music LLC and with the Aristocrats: make sure our suppliers and distributors around the world are doing what they should be doing so that as many people as possible can enjoy what the Aristocrats have to offer.

This album will grow on you with repeated listenings. That's the sign of a great album - the more you listen to it the more new things you will hear and appreciate. The guys in this band have jelled into a very cohesive musical outfit after nearly two years of touring together and this album is a testament to that experience and artistic maturity.

And we're still at the beginning stages of this band's growth. As Bryan mentions in the bonus DVD interview, there's a hazily sketched-out "10-year-plan" or a long-term vision of how this band should grow and continue to explore new musical territories. You're witnessing the early stages of that evolution with 'Culture Clash' - an album that heralds the arrival of a band with virtually no musical limits, a band that will break down musical boundaries and meld disparate genres into a unique cohesive whole. Enjoy the journey! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
jb777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an awesome album on 1st listen, and the jamtracks package was an awesome idea to release it on the same day is a gem for guitarists, ps:UK TOUR, UK TOUR, UK TOUR Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big tour of Europe in Feb-March of next year is already being planned. Stay tuned. Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Degslon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get enough of this album. Guthrie's solo on "Dance Of The Aristocrats" is so awesome to me that it has been playing in my head since this album came out and I love it. Very Happy
tafolla-howe-govan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New album is just too good. I've been listening non-stop since Tuesday! I think Living The Dream might be my favorite track as of now, but I enjoy them all. Great job fellas!
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings from Boston. I'm visiting to see the band do a clinic and perform at the Berklee Performance Center. Guthrie and I have a history with Berklee now going back to the summer of 2009 and it's always great to be back here to see the Berklee faculty and students who have been such dedicated and passionate supporters of Guthrie since then.

The clinic yesterday was a huge success with a turnout of well over 500 students and it's the summer session right now. The concert will start in several hours and it should be a full house - probably in the ballpark of 1,000 people.

Also, the 'Culture Clash' album launch has been a big success. The album actually entered Billboard's Contemporary Jazz chart at #8 and #16 on the Jazz chart. Not that what the Aristocrats does is "jazz" per se, but this is still quite an accomplishment and it seems all the hard work of the past 30 months or so of touring and getting the albums released has certainly paid off. Very Happy

http://the-aristocrats-band.com/news/the-aristocrats-culture-clash-hits-8-on-billboard-contemporary-jazz-chart/

The tour is also doing extremely well with the attendance essentially double of what it was over last year's tours and healthy turnouts in small markets such as Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Raleigh, etc. The US is a very tough market for an instrumental band to tour but it's actually going very well and better than any of us expected. And I'm quite certain this is only the beginning of a continued long-term growth trajectory. There's so much more to come and it's the journey itself that's so fun and exciting - not the destination...
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little weird to think that the 'Culture Clash' album is on Billboard's Contemporary Jazz chart but better on it than not. Cool

.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: