Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie with Hans Zimmer
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie with Hans Zimmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Guthrie with Hans Zimmer Reply with quote

Guthrie keeps expanding his musical horizons and recently hooked up with the legendary mega soundtrack composer Hans Zimmer for a series of concerts in London (yesterday Oct 10 and 11th tonight) that may expand into worldwide mini-tours in the future. I heard that both shows in London were sold out so I reckon that there'll be shows like these around the major metropolitan areas around the world as time goes by.

It's really cool to see Guthrie in this type of a setting, which he described as a combination of a rock band, orchestra, choir and electronica with Pink Floyd-inspired light shows. In fact, the main lighting guy did in fact work with Pink Floyd in the past. Hans Zimmer's discography is most impressive, having composed the soundtrack for virtually every major movie hit over the past two decades or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Zimmer_discography

Here are a few links to grainy vids taken by the audience of the show last night. Not good quality but they're short and you get the idea of what the show was like. Guthrie's reach is really getting very far and wide now. Go Guthrie! Cool

http://instagram.com/p/uAM7EuqX_i/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFVsfketYv4
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg! Shocked

Maybe eventually we will get to hear Guthrie in an upcoming Nolan film Twisted Evil
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on recent chats I've had with Guthrie, he seemed to have really enjoyed this experience with Hans Zimmer. Guthrie described Hans as a "crazy musical genius" who always comes up with innovative and implausible ways to experiment with instrumentation. It must have been quite a treat to play with such a musical master with such a large ensemble. I really hope the success of these concerts will evolve into more concerts around the world and a DVD/CD in the future. Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: