Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - 'Culture Clash Live!' and 'Secret Show: Live in Osaka'
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Culture Clash Live!' and 'Secret Show: Live in Osaka'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: 'Culture Clash Live!' and 'Secret Show: Live in Osaka' Reply with quote

Well, I'm in a hyper-busy mode right now as 'Culture Clash Live!' Deluxe Edition (CD and DVD) and an official bootleg album called 'Secret Show: Live in Osaka' (2CD) will both be released on January 20, 2015. This is The Aristocrats at their finest - in a live setting in which all three members (but especially Guthrie) get to stretch out and display their virtuosity in a mind-boggling manner. You'll find more details here:

http://the-aristocrats-band.com

All I can say is that you'll want both of these albums as they have captured Guthrie at his finest in a live setting. As I listened to these albums, I often found myself breaking out in loud laughter at the utterly amazing displays of incredible musicianship and virtuosity. And, I can assure you, Guthrie was totally on during all of these shows that were recorded and made it onto these albums.

And you'll also hear and see how Guthrie just keeps getting better and better. Yes, somehow he does. The way I see it, Guthrie is only beginning to enter his peak years as a guitarist and musician. Yes, this is only the beginning of some amazing years ahead... Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the album cover art images.

And the track listings for 'Culture Clash Live!'

CD track listing:

1. Sweaty Knockers - 8:49 - The Center Theater, Whittier, CA - January 25, 2014
2. Ohhhh Noooo - 7:44 - The Center Theater, Whittier, CA - January 25, 2014
3. Get It Like That - 9:44 - The Center Theater, Whittier, CA - January 25, 2014
4. Culture Clash - 7:58 - The Center Theater, Whittier, CA - January 25, 2014
5. Gaping Head Wound - 6:29 - The Center Theater, Whittier, CA - January 25, 2014
6. Louisville Stomp - 5:20 - Band on the Wall, Manchester, U.K. - February 20, 2014
7. Desert Tornado - 5:42 - Askar Theatre, Bangkok, Thailand - August 17, 2014
8. Living The Dream - 8:22 - De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands - February 28, 2014

DVD track listing (1:42 concert total, various other bonus features):

1. Furtive Jack - Club Citta, Tokyo, Japan - August 19, 2014
2. Ohhhh Noooo - Askar Theatre, Bangkok, Thailand - August 17, 2014
3. Louisville Stomp - - Band on the Wall, Manchester, U.K. - February 20, 2014
4. Get It Like That - Club Citta, Tokyo, Japan - August 19, 2014
5. Culture Clash - Askar Theatre, Bangkok, Thailand - August 17, 2014
6. Blues Fuckers - Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral, Mexico City, Mexico - January 28, 2014
7. Gaping Head Wound - Centro Cultural Roberto Cantoral, Mexico City, Mexico - January 28, 2014
8. Desert Tornado - Askar Theatre, Bangkok, Thailand - August 17, 2014
9. Living The Dream - De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, Netherlands - February 28, 2014

The 'Secret Show: Live in Osaka' was secretly recorded by a Japanese engineer using a high-quality 2-track recorder without the knowledge of the Aristocrats. The guys found about it only after the show and were elated because they felt it was one of those magical shows that don't happen very often.

This audio on this is totally unedited and was mastered straight from the 2-track recording. It's raw but this is about as close as you can get to experiencing the live show in person without actually being there.

The track listing is as following:

CD1

1. Introduction
2. Furtive Jack
3. Sweaty Knockers
4. Ohhhh Noooo
5. Get It Like That
6. Culture Clash

CD2

1. Flatlands
2. Blues Fuckers
3. Gaping Head Wound
4. Desert Tornado
5. Living The Dream
6. Erotic Cakes
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new albums are now available as pre-order on the Aristocrats online store:

http://thearistocrats.spinshop.com

The 'Secret Show: Live In Osaka' double-CD will only be available initially as a limited signed edition of 1,000 copies only.

Here is the 'Culture Clash Live!' DVD preview trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DStoYkaIYkk
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excellent live albums. I've been listening to them quite a bit. The DVD is outstanding, love it. Great job capturing the performance of all three. I ended up getting the full package deal, which included the shirt. I'm impressed. Well worth it. My only gripe is, the monologues between the songs. The volume level is too low. Listening to the secret show in the car, and it seems like very long breaks breaks between the songs, until you turn up the volume and hear them talking, which is really cool, but when the song kicks in I'm blasted out of my seat. I've learned too be quick with the volume knob now. No big deal. Theses guys are some seriously talented musicians who are interesting and enjoyable to listen to. Not very common theses days.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

journeyman wrote:
Very excellent live albums. I've been listening to them quite a bit. The DVD is outstanding, love it. Great job capturing the performance of all three. I ended up getting the full package deal, which included the shirt. I'm impressed. Well worth it. My only gripe is, the monologues between the songs. The volume level is too low. Listening to the secret show in the car, and it seems like very long breaks breaks between the songs, until you turn up the volume and hear them talking, which is really cool, but when the song kicks in I'm blasted out of my seat. I've learned too be quick with the volume knob now. No big deal. Theses guys are some seriously talented musicians who are interesting and enjoyable to listen to. Not very common theses days.

Yeah, I noticed that too regarding the volume level between the songs. I guess there was a limit on how much they could boost that through the mixing process.

Glad you enjoyed the albums! The new studio stuff that the band is working on takes things to a new level. It's some very interesting new material that the guys cooked up for this one. They'll be finished with the tracking by the end of this week and then it will be all-out for the post-production work to get the album released by July and then the start of a massive tour of US/Canada.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: