Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Detailed Rig (updated 3/03/2011)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Detailed Rig (updated 3/03/2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctordragon wrote:
According to this the volume pedal should be after the booster and the od.

Ps I'm building a Guthrie-inspired pedalboard, not identical but similar Wink

Cool. Thanks for the link! Smile
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
doctordragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: New pedals! Reply with quote

Pigtronix Quantum Time Modulator
Xotic Wah
Xotic Robotalk
MXR Phase 99
Way Huge Ringworm
MXR Sub Machine
petros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In view of GG's recent pedalboard, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to update the GEAR section of the Aristocrats website?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petros wrote:
In view of GG's recent pedalboard, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to update the GEAR section of the Aristocrats website?

Yes, I should do that but it's an ever-changing rig and he's constantly taking things out and plugging new things in so it may never be completely up to date.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
petros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
petros wrote:

Yes, I should do that but it's an ever-changing rig and he's constantly taking things out and plugging new things in so it may never be completely up to date.

Yeah, that must be quite difficult to keep track of, mustn't it. Do you know if he plans to use the red/brown guitar on tours and stuff or is it just a short-term venture? I'd also be curious to see what other developments Chip had in mind when he talked about the "secret mission" and encouraged the viewers to "stay tuned," ehm. I think GG's move to work with Charvel was very wise in the long run.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petros wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
petros wrote:

Yeah, that must be quite difficult to keep track of, mustn't it. Do you know if he plans to use the red/brown guitar on tours and stuff or is it just a short-term venture? I'd also be curious to see what other developments Chip had in mind when he talked about the "secret mission" and encouraged the viewers to "stay tuned," ehm. I think GG's move to work with Charvel was very wise in the long run.

Normally, Guthrie can travel with only one guitar (#1 with natural Birdseye top), the pedalboard in his suitcase and the Victory Countess 30w head which he can carry on board a plane when he flies back and forth between the US and UK.

The other guitars were provided by Fender/Charvel for the Alvas residency shows and the Aristocrats studio session. Fender, having its AR office in Burbank very near Hollywood, dropped off the guitars at the studio and then picked them up afterwards. Fender will be able to provide more guitars for tours (both in the US and Europe) so Guthrie can travel with his #1 like he normally does.

I have no idea what else Fender/Charvel is working on for Guthrie. What I do know is that Fender/Charvel is taking care of Guthrie very well and I agree it all turned out for the best for both parties. Guthrie is very happy with the relationship he has with Fender/Charvel.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
petros

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
petros wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
petros wrote:

Normally, Guthrie can travel with only one guitar (#1 with natural Birdseye top), the pedalboard in his suitcase and the Victory Countess 30w head which he can carry on board a plane when he flies back and forth between the US and UK.

The other guitars were provided by Fender/Charvel for the Alvas residency shows and the Aristocrats studio session. Fender, having its AR office in Burbank very near Hollywood, dropped off the guitars at the studio and then picked them up afterwards. Fender will be able to provide more guitars for tours (both in the US and Europe) so Guthrie can travel with his #1 like he normally does.

I have no idea what else Fender/Charvel is working on for Guthrie. What I do know is that Fender/Charvel is taking care of Guthrie very well and I agree it all turned out for the best for both parties. Guthrie is very happy with the relationship he has with Fender/Charvel.

I'm not surprised with regard to GG's satisfaction with the relationship with Fender. As of recent, this seems to be the case with several other noted musicians. Landau's recent signature strats and the hot rod deville amp are a case in point.
preschool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya ed! Would you know if guthrie uses the deep
Switch in his analogman chorus , and if you could or if you know what aetting he uses on his analogman chorus to get that perfect leslie ish sound , i cant seem to catch the perfect speed , thanks much <3
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

preschool wrote:
Heya ed! Would you know if guthrie uses the deep
Switch in his analogman chorus , and if you could or if you know what aetting he uses on his analogman chorus to get that perfect leslie ish sound , i cant seem to catch the perfect speed , thanks much <3

Okay, I'll see what I can find out although I haven't seen him use the Analogman chorus in quite a while.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
doctordragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: A new Charvel Govan signature! Reply with quote

It looks like there is a new version of the Charvel GG signature.
To me it looks like a roasted swamp ash body...I want it! (preferably with the 2 posts Gotoh trem)

[/img]
petros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: A new Charvel Govan signature! Reply with quote

doctordragon wrote:
It looks like there is a new version of the Charvel GG signature.
To me it looks like a roasted swamp ash body...I want it! (preferably with the 2 posts Gotoh trem)

[/img]

I think it's GG's first Charvel prototype with a koa body.
doctordragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a new guitar. The body is definitely (roasted?) swamp ash and the neck pickup is a single coil.
petros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctordragon wrote:
It should be a new guitar. The body is definitely (roasted?) swamp ash and the neck pickup is a single coil.

Yes, you're right. I apologise for a rash assessment.
zach637

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that he just needed a hss guitar for certain songs and if your endorsed by a guitar company and they will build you guitars for free then hey why not, I seriously doubt it's going to be a new gg model because there wouldn't be any point
petros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zach637 wrote:
My guess is that he just needed a hss guitar for certain songs and if your endorsed by a guitar company and they will build you guitars for free then hey why not, I seriously doubt it's going to be a new gg model because there wouldn't be any point

Quite likely, although this is not really a new signature, just a spin on it. He only seems to have started using it at the Euro leg of the Aristocrats tour. Normally, he nowadays has tour guitars per gig: one with the standard tuning and another one with the dropped D. From what I've seen, he's used the new Charvel interchangeably at various gigs, so I'm not sure he was looking for specific tones for specific songs, at least as far as the Aristocrats material is concerned. Perhaps just an experiment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: