Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Please Register To Access the New Guthrie Media Section
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Register To Access the New Guthrie Media Section

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Please Register To Access the New Guthrie Media Section Reply with quote

Now you see it, now you don't. A new section has been added to this forum and it's called Guthrie Govan Media. If you're a registered member and logged in, you see it, if you're not, you don't. So it pays to register! Laughing This is the section where all new media like photos, sound clips, video clips, etc., will go up. I've just posted a cool new photo of Guthrie playing live at the Bassment, the full-length acoustic clip of Guthrie playing "Man In The Mirror", and a couple of "old school" shred clips Guthrie did for GT instructional columns. Check 'em out and discuss! Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.

Last edited by alexkhan on Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Carlo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most excellent idea! Very Happy
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlo wrote:
most excellent idea! Very Happy

Guthrie himself isn't crazy about a lot of these clips and wants people to know that they're not representative of what his personal style and sound is. It's not so much the copyright issue with the audio and video clips as it's a "QC" issue as Guthrie, being the demanding perfectionist that he is, isn't satisfied with some of the work that he's done in the past and is now floating around out there. So I think we should all oblige and try to clear certain things with Guthrie on sound clips and video clips, etc., before we post. After all, it's his work and he should have the say on what he'd like out there for public consumption.

With his solo CD coming out and a live DVD planned for his shows at TM in January, I do believe that Guthrie is on the verge of breaking out of the Internet underground and become a mainstream artist. I will also be removing the video clips at the TM site and stop distribution of the clinic and Fellowship "bootleg" DVD's soon. So enjoy this "underground cult" status of Guthrie for just a little longer, guys. It won't be long before he's mainstream! Wink
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sound clips are representative of his immense versatility, that's certainly not a bad thing.....unless people would base their opinion on Guthrie just on a single clip. I hope not, but us fans know bettah! Wink
frankus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the bootleg DVD .. I might have to get one before they run out. I get the feeling that the bassment gigs might change in character if Guthrie's career kicks off (with him in the limelight) I hiope it does for him, but I'd miss the small venue packed with swaying people all intent on the space between the stairwell and the pillar near the bar.

I have the power!
macula56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. i only recently found this forum and i really like Guthrie's stuff. where can i get the bassment dvd? is there any other video floating around? thanks a lot. Rev. Dr. Johnny Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: