Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - The long wait for European Charvel deliveries
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The long wait for European Charvel deliveries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terje_t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: The long wait for European Charvel deliveries Reply with quote

I might as well post this here as well. I made a post over at TGP about my long wait for the Charvel Guthrie Govan signature for anyone who cares to read about it:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/looking-for-european-buyers-of-the-charvel-guthrie-govan-model-updated-with-details.1596567/

Before I was curious as to why it was taking months and months of delays, and was told it was due to overwhelming demand and hard to source high quality woods.

Now I'm curious why it takes four weeks and counting to even know if a guitar with a nut problem that was on its way to me, but failed inspection, can be fixed at all. Not to mention when it might show up here.

I'm a reasonable man, but: I have waited a year and a month, and I have waited seven months past the original ETA. I have just about had it.

And as I note in the other post, I feel bad if Guthrie has to deal with any of this malarkey. This is Charvels problem and I am not trying to complain to or about Guthrie Govan by posting here. I just need to vent publicly at this point.

Rant over.
terje_t

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for an update on this:

I have, I'm sorry to say, very little news since two weeks ago.. I have continued posting some updates on this thread over at TGP: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/charvel-govan-european-distribution-failures.1598865/

Charvel Consumer Relations says Fender Scandinavia will be handling the matter from here on, but I have not heard from Fender Scandinavia nor gotten any replies from them via the email address I got.

So here we are: I have paid a deposit for a guitar that is seven months overdue, and I have no word at the moment of when it might be delivered. The retailer is telling me nothing, Fender Scandinavia is telling me nothing and Charvel is telling me nothing.

In addition, I was told that my guitar was in the first shipment of GG models to Europe. This has been shown to be untrue, and I can't for the life of me figure out the reason to make up such a story.

Like I said on TGP: a year ago I wanted this guitar so much and I couldn't imagine not wanting it, even if I had to wait a bit. At this point, that want is reduced significantly because of this shoddy customer service. Well done, Charvel. I didn't think it was possible, but you did it.

If anyone feels like supporting this, head over to this post on the Charvel FB page made by fellow forum member Peter and offer your like or a comment: https://www.facebook.com/charvelusa/posts/10153093078721297
DLM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pleased to see that there was a (mostly) happy ending to this sorry story:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/ngd-mini-review-charvel-guthrie-govan-signature.1618002/

It's a terrible shame about the QC issues on these guitars, though. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: