Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - 2nd Guthrie Charvel Signature Model???
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Guthrie Charvel Signature Model???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it on all the time - probably for a little more boost in the crunch setting to get more hair and sustain. The V50 has a dedicated high-headroom clean channel as well as crunch and lead modes so he has all the basic sounds he needs from the amp. He also uses the volume pedal quite a bit on the front end to control the amount of signal going into the amp as well.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
petros

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it on all the time - probably for a little more boost in the crunch setting to get more hair and sustain. The V50 has a dedicated high-headroom clean channel as well as crunch and lead modes so he has all the basic sounds he needs from the amp. He also uses the volume pedal quite a bit on the front end to control the amount of signal going into the amp as well.

That makes sense. I think it could also come useful when playing through V30 which has slightly less of the headroom in the clean channel (still awesome, though).
petros

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: new pic! Reply with quote

Hey fellas,

Beautiful new pic of GG holding his new Charvel Strat prototype:

https://www.facebook.com/GuthrieGovanOfficial/photos/a.337173596368965.80134.333160653436926/796686870417633/?type=1&theater

I'd be really curious as to what sort of pickups those are! I imagine something noiseless?
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, awesome photo. Guthrie sure does turn into a larger-than-life god when he straps on a guitar. Laughing

Yes, I'm pretty sure the pickups are the noiseless version of some sort. Not sure what the exact model is although I'm guessing that they are the same ones in the American Deluxe Strat. I'm sure they sound just fine.

I do know this: I want one! Very Happy
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
JohnnyFavorite

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
I talked to Guthrie about this guitar a few days ago during NAMM and he said that it's a 22-fret neck with the same neck profile and fingerboard radius as on the GG 24-fret sig guitar with three single-coils and the same bridge on a full-sized Strat body with the neck heel cutaway.

Guthrie has found that he needs a "Strat" with three single-coils for certain applications and this guitar is essentially a Fender-made Strat although it has the Charvel logo on it. It's not likely to become a signature model at this point in time. It's a "prototype" that Guthrie is using to cover certain sounds that he can't get out of the GG model guitar.

Ed, does it have the graphite rods, do you know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Tones and Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: