Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie Update
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Guthrie Update Reply with quote

I'm sure many of you are wondering what's going on with Guthrie. The truth is that he is indeed a very, very busy guy. Besides his teaching duties at the Brighton Modern Music Institute, his instructional columns obligations to the Guitar Techniques magazine, gigging with the Fellowship, putting the finishing touches on the debut solo album, etc., he is now also preparing to go on a tour of Europe (mainly Germany and that area) with Asia. He advised me that he's having to learn "weird proggy parts" of the earlier Asia albums besides the conventional song structures of the most recent albums. That's got to be a lot of work.

Guthrie will be arriving in LA on Jan 7 to start a week of rehearsals with Asia through Jan 14. After that, he'll be in the NAMM/Tone Mecca/tourist mode for a week with his band members and his girlfriend here in Orange County, California. As you all know, he will perform an exclusive series of concerts here Jan 18-20 (the last show which will be taped for future official DVD release) with his rock power trio the Erotic Cakes and the jazz fusion quartet the Fellowship and then perform on Jan 21st's Cornford All-Star Gala concert featuring Richie Kotzen, Guthrie himself, Rob Balducci, and JMR.

Guthrie will depart LA on Jan 23 for Germany and meet with the rest of the Asia band members to start a month-long tour on Jan 25. So it seems Guthrie won't be back to his normal mode back in Chelmsford until sometime in March. Well, just thought I'd advise you guys what's up with Guthrie and why he hasn't been around. He really is a super busy guy and I think he'll be even busier in the year ahead. Should be an exciting year in that I really believe this will be the year that he attains the recognition worldwide and the success he deserves in many fronts. Let's wish Guthrie the very best!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
shredrulez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update. can't wait to see him play there in a couple of weeks! good to know that guthrie is keeping busy!
Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the update!!
Noise Epidemic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOOOO!!

NEW GUTHRIE DVD!! Smile
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noise Epidemic wrote:
WOOOOO!!

NEW GUTHRIE DVD!! Smile

Yes, and it will be a great pro production. There'll be 4 cameras and a 24-track digital recorder and then the audio will be edited and synced to the video by a ProTools pro, so you can count on a truly awesome DVD. I believe this will be officially distributed by Cornford Records along with the debut CD sometime in the first-half of this year.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Noise Epidemic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I can't wait
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: