Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Creative Guitar 1 - Chord Tones, CAGED & scales
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creative Guitar 1 - Chord Tones, CAGED & scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodHod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Creative Guitar 1 - Chord Tones, CAGED & scales Reply with quote

Hi - apologies for the newbie question. I've been a strummer for years and am finally (really enjoying) educating myself on the finer points of theory and technique.

In Creative Guitar 1 Guthrie throws quite a lot of theory at you - and I'm trying to make sure I fully understand it and it's application.

Regarding chord tones, the CAGED system and pentatonic scales (and, I suppose other scales) - does knowledge of all of these simply enable a guitarist to solo 'more intelligently' - knowing what's likely to sound good on the fly?

I guess the CAGED system can also be used for playing any given chord at any point on the neck?

Perhaps his comment at the end of this video explains why he doesn't offer more specific guidance... "I have no idea what techniques I use - I try not to think about that stuff." Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9ueo2o9n8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Techniques, Theory, and Musical Education All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: