Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Guthrie DVD's
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guthrie DVD's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macula56

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Guthrie DVD's Reply with quote

just got off of the phone with Ed. what a nice gentleman. ordered both dvd's and am looking forward to wearing them out. thanks again.
rev. dr. jmac
ShredMeister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Dvd Reply with quote

Hey there!

Quick thing. I am totally new to this forum and also to Guthrie (much to my regret). I saw that you ordered his dvd´s... How? How did you contact Ed? Please, let me know as I want them sooooo bad!

Also, can you tell me more on the content? Are they clinics? How´s the sound/image quality?

Thanks

John Petrucci
alexkhan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Dvd Reply with quote

ShredMeister wrote:
Hey there!

Quick thing. I am totally new to this forum and also to Guthrie (much to my regret). I saw that you ordered his dvd´s... How? How did you contact Ed? Please, let me know as I want them sooooo bad!

Also, can you tell me more on the content? Are they clinics? How´s the sound/image quality?

Thanks

Hey ShredMeister, you have discovered Guthrie at the tail end of a long slow rise to the beginning of his official recording career since he hasn't even released a solo album yet! Wink Guthrie's debut album is expected to be released around the middle of this year after they re-record the drum parts and then the guitar parts. I hear that the powers in charge of this production want to get a huge hi-fi sounding production out of it and they're going to do whatever it takes to get it to sound awesome. We waited this long so I suppose another half-year isn't going to kill us.

As for the DVD's, these are essentially promotional DVDs - one of the Cornford Amps clinic conducted at Tone Merchants on Jan 24, '04 and the other is a camcorder recording of Guthrie's jazz/fusion band the Fellowship Live @ The Bassment in April of '04. But the video quality of the Fellowship DVD is really poor (dark and grainy), especially after the editing process to add chapters and things like that. It was kind of dark to begin with, but got really fuzzy and darker after the editing and duplication process, so I'm not going to offer this DVD anymore.

I'm hoping to make another promotional DVD of a DV camcorder recording of the Jan 19 show here at the Tone Mecca which I believe was Guthrie and the band's best overall performance that week although each night had its strengths and weaknesses. I'm in the process of adding chapters and things like that and eliminating some other footage from the Jan 19 material. I believe some footage from this show can make it onto the official Cornford Records DVD of the Jan 20 show as "outtakes" and "bonus material". That's what I'm hoping I could do as the Jan 19 show has some stellar performances (especially of the EC material) that weren't quite matched during the Jan 20 show.

I ran out of the clinic DVD copies last week and will receive more later this week. I'll see what comes out of the Jan 19 footage but I want to clear this with Guthrie first. I know he was very pleased with that night's performance, but I still want to make sure Guthrie's all cool with it. I think this new DVD would be a great promotional thing that could help sales of Guthrie's debut album (along with the official full-price DVD) whenever it gets released. You guys are going to snap up whatever Guthrie releases officially through Cornford Records when they come out, right??? It wouldn't be cool if all you do is snatch up these bargain amateur stuff and not buy Guthrie's official pro stuff later. But that couldn't possibly happen, could it? Wink

I'll keep you guys posted. To contact me about this stuff, you can email me at:

tonemerchant@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
ShredMeister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hey, Ed,

Many thanks for your info. I get it, I´ll wait. I can´t speak for the rest, but given it´s Guthrie, I would get all of it, don´t care if it´s official released or not. And if your saying the performances were great, then even more so!

Yes, please, keep us in the loop...

Thanks

John Petrucci
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: