Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Michael Angelo - (Yeah, _that_ thread ;)
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Angelo - (Yeah, _that_ thread ;)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill®

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shredrulez wrote:
as much as i agree with others here that there's no need to slag someone, i totally agree with james here. the guy's a joke and is a good example of someone giving shred a bad name. Evil or Very Mad

Shred has as bad a name as it can get already. I doubt Michael Angelo's making it any worse. If anything, he's helping to keep it alive, which is kind of terrible on more that one level.
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently found out about this forum and realized that the idiot named James W has been going to different forums trashing Michael Angelo Batio. James W was banned on MAB's forum. Then he tried more than once to "be cool" and joined MAB's forum again and again using several different e mail addresses and names. He is a jerk. He is trashing Michael because he is mad that he was banned. Poor James the loser. Michael is not a joke guitarist as this loser states. FAR FROM IT. Michael is a great musician. The only people that bash him are one's that do not know anything about his music. Michael is a virtuoso. Michael is educated. Michael has incredible technique and feel, writes great music. I think Guthrie Govan is a great guitarist. That is why I am here. But to think that Guthrie can outplay Michael is simply wrong. James W, the retard, posted a simple D major arpeggio on the Vai board stating that Michael couldn't play it. Yes, James W is trashing Michael there as well. I am a huge MAB fan. James you piece of crap- check out the first track of MAB's No Boundaries Cd. You will hear that 6 string arpeggio with added, incredible tapping embellishments. If you don't like Michael fine, but to deny one of the true guitar greats credit where credit is due (especially because some loser who was banned from his forum is a crybaby) is simply wrong.
frankus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, stick around. Please don't make this a one-off incursion, the more opinions the better I say.

What is this "outplay" you speak of? See when I see that I think of:

I'm not mocking any musicians or you, it just seems bizarre to introduce competitiveness into music. However, that's quite possibly just semantics.

As for James W, he's here now.. and hopefully not upsetting your forums anymore. He seems pretty chilled here, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. We've other "miscreants" that seemed to have been tamed by this forum, perhaps it's more laconic or whatever it doen't matter now Wink so anyway ... Hi Smile

I have the power!
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Guthrie Govan is phenomenal. I think MAB is phenomenal as well. I meant that when players are this good one doesn't just "own another" musically. I am not here to bash any other musicians. I posted a response to incredibly negative comments about Michael Angelo Batio. I think MAB has been treated badly and unfairly here. He is a fantastic musician.
James W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAB is more machine than man.

He is obviously a musician who should have joined an orchestra or write for a guitar magazine; in other words he is very good mechanically and technically, but sadly this is reflected in his compostions as well.

OU812Manny wrote:
The only people that bash him are one's that do not know anything about his music

Wow. That's a rather arrogant and conceited opinion. Let us bask in the warmth of Stravinsky shall we?:

'I like music that can be played slowly!'

Now here is a quote that really applies to Michael:

'The purpose of practising an instrument is the pleasurable communication of music; not to dazzle or impress, nor to pile up neurotic pyrotechnics which lead more often to psychological compensation than to musicianship. DOWNPOURS OF VACUOUS TECHNIQUE are so much unsung hail, soon melted; but if the heart is reached and touched,even in the simplest way, the experience will be cherished and remembered.'

- Philippe Monnet

You can see I put the phrase in capitals which I think is really relevant to Michael. As for you, OU812Manny, don't you dare come on this blessed forum spouting your ignominous tripe, fucktard. Why don't you bugger off back to that shitsucking forum and go and fellate Michael like every other vacuous imbecile wants to on that faeces ridden forum.

... Love James XXX
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James W- either you are a young punk that won't learn anything or an old fuck who can't. Either way YOU ARE THE JOKE. Remember people, this is the nerd that was repeatedly BANNED from Michael's forum. If you want to spread negative comments about a great musician and brag about it you will have me posting around your sorry "arse".
James W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm yes, MAB is circus performer - no less. Now you can carry on whining about it and use such offensive and rhetorical lexis as 'punk' or mock my British nationality in such novel ways, or you can go talk hairy balls else where.

I am seventeen years old and am serious about music. I do not like a charlatan who thinks he is some sort of musician when, in fact he is a circus performer.

I hate people degrading the beautiful art of music with such VACUOUS DOWNPOURS OF TECHNIQUE.

... Love James XXX
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you are a punk. Nothing more. You'll probably end up being banned from this forum as well. Your language alone shows what kind of nutcase you are. A serious musician would not have started this post in the first place.
James W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a punk. As I have long hair, I am not a punk.

MY language? Just because I have the cognitive ability to insult effectively I am going to get banned? That may be the case on the MAB forum, but we are all intelligent people here, so no, I'm afraid -ahem- 'punk'.

... Love James XXX
Alun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankus wrote:
the more opinions the better I say.

Well said Frankus. To me, the important word there is "opinions" Very Happy

Cheers,
Alun
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James W- If MAB and his forum are so beneath you, why did you go to such great lengths to keep trying to post there after you were banned the first time?
James W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I dared to voice a little bit of constructive criticism in my posts which really offended those worshipping St Michael, and I eventually got banned for saying I couldn't understand why he did that under/over thing.

Ridiculous. I was very polite and propriety-conscious then but felt I had to go on again to voice my outrage at being banned.

... Love James XXX
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a LIAR. You got banned because of your insulting comments to other forum members and your consistent use of foul language. You don't ask questions, you state your uneducated opinions in a condescending and demeaning way. You got banned because you are an "arse". THIS THREAD WOULDN'T BE HERE IF YOU WERE A SERIOUS MUSICIAN. No matter what you say, MAB is awesome.
James W

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, don't have a tantrum about it.

'Uneducated opinion'?

That says it all - MAB is merely a mechanical and techincal musician. To think that you have to be 'educated' to like his music says it all for me. BTW I am doing A-level music and a knowledgable about theory and music in general, so please do not patronise me in such a vulgar fashion.

... Love James XXX
OU812Manny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your language has definitely toned down now that the word BANNED has been associated to your name. Education, my "arse". You will be back to your little "potty mouthed" ways soon enough. My goal was to tell people here why you posted and that there are a lot of Michael Angelo Batio fans out there that completely disagree with you.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: