Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Jan 19th @ Tone Merchants DVD
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jan 19th @ Tone Merchants DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markmcg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Jan 19th @ Tone Merchants DVD Reply with quote

Just received my copy of the DVD yesterday and wow.... Shocked is all I can say.

Was great to see footage of Eric Roche and Jamie Humphries on there too, two players who's music I love.

The main attraction of Erotic Cakes and The Fellowship though, as has been widely reported on the forum, were simply sublime.

I've seen Mr Govan play a few times now, from Music Shows and now this DVD and his control of the guitar just dazzles and inspires, ( can't wait to his Workshop in April ).

Thanks once again Ed for making these magical musical moments available! Smile

Time is the best Teacher, unfortunately it kills all its students
http://www.mastertheguitar.co.uk : http://www.markmcguigan.com
Played

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah got mine the other day and its very good.

I enjoyed every thing he played, just enjoyable music! its not offputting technical stuff like you get from some of these shredders its MUSIC. I guess "Fives" stands out amongst the tracks - that may be a showcase piece for him. And its how I got to know his music so its a fav of mine. But its all good. A steal at 9 bucks.

I enjoyed ths acoustic player who played first too. It kind of reminded me of Kottke a bit. A fun kind of piece.

The next player was ok too but Guthrie blows away all comers. Yep a nice little bootleg. Just wish there was more of Guthrie is all.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big news to those who already have the DVD, but for those who haven't seen it, here are the clips.

http://www.tonemerchants.com/Guthrie_Govan_NAMM_2005_Clips.htm

I've only got the Erotic Cakes clips up as of now. My web guy is working on the Fellowship clips (six of 'em) now and they should be up in a few days. For now, just enjoy these Erotic Cakes clips. Guthrie just keeps getting better and better.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clips are live and spreading like wildfire out there. Nearly 1000 hits to the new clips page in like half-a-day! Shocked

And here come the reviews at the various sectors of the Internet guitar underground:

Petrucci Forum

http://www.petrucciforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32235

The Gear Page

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72659

Harmony Central Amp Forum

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=66833c231a4a2d5c23b25c2420ac2d51&threadid=876387

Harmony Central Amp Forum Thread #2

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=66833c231a4a2d5c23b25c2420ac2d51&threadid=876451

Shawn Lane "Memphis Monster" Forum

http://donniebshawn.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=568

And there are more forums, but you get the picture... Most people seem too flabbergasted to post any comments... Laughing
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew.... Rather amazing day of activity on the new clips page. It garnered 1267 hits on the first day from well over 1000 unique visitors. Shocked Took in over 50 orders for the DVD copy already... 10 new forum members today alone... The link is spreading like wildfire to forums I've never heard of or knew existed and in various languages. Kewl... Cool
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
diesel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the DVD, I thought Guthrie's band was the only band playing. Embarassed
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel wrote:
I just ordered the DVD, I thought Guthrie's band was the only band playing. Embarassed

Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Yes, there's Eric Roche for one song and Jamie Humphries on two songs playing along to backing tracks and then 7 songs from the Guthrie Erotic Cakes set and 7 songs from the Guthrie Fellowship set.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
diesel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:
diesel wrote:

Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Yes, there's Eric Roche for one song and Jamie Humphries on two songs playing along to backing tracks and then 7 songs from the Guthrie Erotic Cakes set and 7 songs from the Guthrie Fellowship set.

I'm not complaining, but I meant the fusion band (Erotic Cakes) that the clips came from.
alexkhan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel wrote:
alexkhan wrote:
diesel wrote:

I'm not complaining, but I meant the fusion band (Erotic Cakes) that the clips came from.

Ah, okay.Wink Yes, the whole Fellowship set is on there too. I'm waiting for my webguy to upload 6 more Fellowship clips which will give an even better overview of what that evening was like. The incredible thing is that even the whole DVD of both sets only captures about half of all the things that Guthrie does and can do. He can play 5 hours in a row and not repeat himself.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Guitar Center Inc.
Played

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexkhan wrote:

Ah, okay.Wink Yes, the whole Fellowship set is on there too. I'm waiting for my webguy to upload 6 more Fellowship clips which will give an even better overview of what that evening was like. The incredible thing is that even the whole DVD of both sets only captures about half of all the things that Guthrie does and can do. He can play 5 hours in a row and not repeat himself.

Yeah but it just wasn't enough Very Happy Guess we'll have to buy the next DVD if we want more. I might edit Jan 19 and just have Guthrie. I just liked his stuff better. Then when I get the other I can just have one big Guthrie concert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Guthrie Govan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: