Guthrie Govan Discussion :: View topic - Paco De Lucia - the greatest
Help support this site by shopping at Amazon through our link.
Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index

Guthrie Govan Discussion
The Official Guthrie Govan Discussion Board

www.GuthrieGovan.co.uk

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paco De Lucia - the greatest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Paco De Lucia - the greatest Reply with quote

I think Paco De Lucia is the greatest guitarist ever.

If anyone has ever listened some some of his recordings in the sixties will know that he was one of the first ever guitar virtuoso (like we would class now). Paco is incredible just playing solo guitar, which puts him above almost all electric guitarists, but, unlike classical guitarists, Paco is also sounds amazing in a band and has an excellent feeling for rhythm and time (very important in Flamenco). Paco has written some amazing songs and equally amazing instrumental stuff. Paco has branched out into jazz fusion and classical territories very successfully.

He can get more spirit and passion with his ferociously fast rasguados than any metal player can with the gain turned to ten.

Amazing solo or in band + incredible chops + brilliant and versitile compositions = greatest guitar player.

... Love James XXX
Javi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pacodelucia.org/ Smile
Sorry, probably it is in contruction! Embarassed
James W

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just signed up to the Paco De Lucia board, thanks!

I'm off to play some guitar now...

... Love James XXX
alexkhan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, if someone asked me who the "greatest" guitarist all of the world has ever known, I'd have to say Paco DeLucia. I'm not into the whole "greatest" or "best" kind of thing to rate guitarists or musicians, but Paco is definitely the one who'd stand out from the pack. I mean, if you listen to the Trio albums with McLaughlin and DiMeola, those two - as great as they are - just aren't in Paco's league. And he's playing the purest type of all guitars, a gut strung one at that.

Of all the guitarists I've mentioned to Guthrie, Paco is the one who had him shaking his head like, "That guy's just beyond insane" kind of look that people normally do when Guthrie is mentioned to them. It was kind of funny to see Guthrie do that when he'd normally be the object of that type of respect and admiration. It was as though Guthrie was looking up to Paco in the same way we look up to Guthrie. Personally, I just don't think a flat-picked acoustic playing can compete with accomplished flamenco playing in a duo sort of setting. Paco has already proven that in the Trio settings: no contest.
.strandberg* Guitars USA
Ed Yoon Consulting & Management
Guitar Center Inc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guthrie Govan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: